Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I wish that people had paid more attention to voter suppression before we got to this point.  It has been a consistent problem, particularly in areas with a large African American population. 

If this had been more of a talking point when talking about 2016 battleground states, perhaps we wouldn't be seeing what we're witnessing in Georgia right now. 

Perhaps Kemp wouldn't have managed to keep his position as Secretary of the state of GA while simultaneously running for one of the state's most prominent positions.

• Members

I voted this afternoon a little after 2pm in NC with my dad. The polling place we vote at is never really busy. Didn't have any trouble getting in and out. I did hear about some glitches in at least one county in NC, that postponed voting. Hopefully they will get that worked out. 

I feel bad for people that wait to vote for a long time and then have to leave (because they have to do things like go to work). They need to figure out ways to be more accommodating to voters. Especially in areas where there might be large turnouts.

• Members

Fortunately, there were paper ballots at my voting location.  As long as you can color inside the appropriate box (with a pen that the election board provides), you're good.

Of course, they still had to be fed through a scanner when completed.  And there's always a possibility of ballots simply being thrown away.

Damn, this is a depressing line of thought.  No wonder I hadn't voted more often.

I wish it were possible to vote online or by smartphone (or both).

• Members

We have paper ballots too. Only one time have I ever voted a different way, (by using a lever), and that was the first time I voted at 18. Whenever I vote by paper ballot I will wait with whoever scans it and we will make sure it's been accepted.

I read in that Mother Jones article posted about how some of the electronic voting machines weren't even plugged into a power source. Whoever is working at those sites/overseeing those sites need to do better than that and make sure stuff like that doesn't happen. 

• Members

If only *I* had been driven to my polling location by "Jack McCoy," lol.

Missing power cords/not plugged in?  Locked in a closet?  I'd laugh at the second grade-level skulduggery if this weren't so damned serious.

And could someone tell me if it was true that Brian Kemp was foiled by his own voter ID law?  'Cuz if it is, then that is too damn funny, and too damn perfect.

• Members

And I'll bet Seannie looked just as awkward up there as Courteney did when she, um, danced, too.

Oh, my goodness.  Kemp screwed (momentarily) by his own laws.  That's rich.  Thanks, Vee!

Edited by Khan