The Politics Thread

• Members

I remember reading an article from the Harvard Business Review that in the middle red states she was never going to win them over because she couldn't straddled the need to be both Presidential and a woman. In their eyes she performed well in the first debate but when she went on the attack she was deemed to be "unlady like", another thing that was mentioned was that all of her preparation served her adversely. She had such a long record, that any mistakes that she made were immediately used against her, and due to her long public record she gave the republicans much fodder from the banks, to the super predator lines, to the emails, to the trade deals, etc. She just had so much material used against her. She was almost too overqualified for the position which then made her unqualified for the role. It's a shame but in elections like this is almost feels like it's better to either perform perfectly or not have anything at all to be used against you.

I think from here on out we need perfect candidates, otherwise we're just going to fail. I have no faith that these red states can vote the right way next time around. The Popular vote is ridiculous. More than 2 million extra people will have voted for Clinton, which means we are basically jailed by these red states over the will of the people's votes.

• Replies 42k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Hilary had a very weak message which was stronger together that didnt resonate like Obamas did or even Trumps. Hilary arrogance cost her the election. she was parading with celebritiea celebratings days before instead of campaigning in final days. Her campaign offered status quo to people and thats why they went Trump. honestly i will say this Bernie would have beaten him he had an equal movement that would have matched Trumps. we get to look back and realize how weak Hilarys campaign actually was. plus shes very unlikeable to people.

• Members

I don't think stronger together was weak. I don't think she had the charisma to rile enough people up, but that shouldn't be a deciding factor. She would have been a better president than candidate. As for the likeability factor, her approval rating was high prior to running. The coverage hurt her.

And those final days, she campaigned with celebs in addition to going to their concerts, as well as separate rallies. I don't think it was arrogance. I think she and her campaign were trying whatever they could to get votes. A lot of people look up to celebs.

No one cared when musicians were "feeling the Bern" for Bernie. But Hillary's coverage said she was hanging out with the ultra rich.  I think in August though, she should have been out and about more and not fundraising, but those final days, she was fine. She probably already lost it at that point, partly due to Comey's letter.

Edited by Ms. Quartermaine

• Members

Really @JONNYSBRO? Have you seen the torrential downpour of anti-Semitic vitriol that has been spewing since Trump won? By the way, I'm guessing that there's a strain of anti-Semitism in the Democratic party as well. Bernie didn't even get past Hillary, how was he going to get past Trump and get the majority in a general electorate with massive voter suppression and the KKK, White nationalists and Russia (which also has its own anti-Semite strains) having such a firm hand in this election?

No offense, but do you read and think critically? Have you read any of the articles posted in this thread? Or are you trying to Passanante us? 

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

http://www.newsmax.com/t/newsmax/article/758175?keywords=reasons-hillary-lost-president&year=2016&month=11&date=10&id=758175&aliaspath=%2FManage%2FArticles%2FTemplate-Wire&oref=www.google.com

This is very good reasons why Hilary lost. Bernie was my man and I will say this his movement was incredible how he got the youngest voters in election history flocking to him. here this 74 year old man big audience was 18 to 24. in soaps the younger demo the better. Middle class workers would have related to him so much better. he didnt have all the millions Hilary had or the name he did extremely well for his what i call grassroots campaign. he was screwed because Hilary cheated yet again.  her arrogance and elitism turned off all the voters that loved Trump. btw Bernie is worth only 700000 compared to hilarys 100 million or Trumps billions. he reminded me of like your next door neighbor so relateable and real. Bernie is a remarkable man.

• Members

I think it was his ranting and raving off-script and his struggles to face criticism of his Presidency that caused the most sidelining of him. Most of it likely lingering from 2008.

Newsmax is a disgusting site and I won't read anything on it. 

Edited by DRW50

• Members

For whatever reason, Bill receded into the background, seemingly at the urging of the Democratic base, not remembering that Hillary was the one running. The Republicans, whose candidate was far from perfect, to put it mildly, didn't care about perfection, they just wanted to win and did whatever it took to get there. They operated with impugnity, without integrity but there it is...

• Members

White Aryan America. I can't wait for all of his fellow neo-Nazis round the world to be celebrating. What exactly will this guy be in charge of? I want know exactly how panicked I should be and how much influence he could have on a global level.

I'm at the end of my rope with people saying America (and thus the rest of the world) should calm down and give him a chance. 

• Members

Given her party's struggles in Germany I don't know how long that will last. The sad part is if she and the EU had handled the refugee crisis better I think some of these problems would have been minimized (although I don't really believe Brexit caused this election - it's just that all these dangerous groups are now finding a common global voice).

• Members

I think it goes back further than this. She's been in a quandry since the austerity crisis (post global financial crisis), especially given how Germany and Brussels have been seen as tightening the screws on financially strapped countries like Greece, Spain and Italy. One of (but not solely) the reasons exiting the EU was seen as an attractive prospect was that a good number of EU countries were chafing at the notion of feeling a loss of self-determination and autonomy over their financial destiny while the ECB (Brussels), EU and Germany were seen as being in control of the purse strings. Greece, in particular, railed against being put on an 'austerity diet'. 

Still, even with all of these factors, compared to Trump. Merkel may be seen as not 'being so bad'. At least until the next elections in Germany, she will be seen by other world leaders as the Western leader with the most clout. It certainly won't be Trump.

Edited by DramatistDreamer