AMC: Uncasting News

• Members

I think that debate has been put to bed, it should be anyway. Sabine won't be coming back and I doubt they'll try and recast again. Depending on her reasons, this could potentially be a blow to Frons, and I wouldn't put it past him to order the character of Greenlee killed. Or who knows maybe he knew she would only stay for a year from the get go and this was just his good old stunt casting.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Greenlee hasn't been herself since 2003 at the very latest. As soon as Cameron Mathison came back and the two characters got into each other's orbit, the character was toast.

And, gosh, Sabine Singh was terrible to the highest extreme. How does R Sinclair describe her acting style? The "LOOK I AM ACTING OVER HERE!!!" method? How spot-on.

• Members

Not that I have perfect grammar/writing by any means...but it's starting to drive me a little nuts since I see it everywhere.

The past tense for recast and cast is...recast and cast. Casted and recasted is just incorrect and is starting to make my ears bleed.

• Members

I'm sad that Rebecca Budig is leaving. The planned Ryan/Greenlee reunion is probably the reason. I'm pretty sure I've read that Rebecca was against it and loved Aidan & Greenlee paired.

I'm sad that Rebecca Budig is leaving. The planned Ryan/Greenlee reunion is probably the reason. I'm pretty sure I've read that Rebecca was against it and loved Aidan & Greenlee paired.

• Members

Yeah, she was pretty bad. Her biggest problem was that she always seemed to be imitating RB's Greenlee. They should have recast Greens with someone who maybe didn't look like rebecca but had the chops to play Greenlee. If Gina Tognioni ever wised up and left Guiding Light she'd make an excellent Greenlee. Then again, she's a lean mean emmy winning machine over at GL. I wouldn't leave either. Too validating.

• Members

Having "the real Greenlee" return did nothing for the ratings.

Having Angie & Jesse return did nothing for the ratings.

Having GL's Gus & Harley come to Pine Valley did nothing for the ratings.

You could bring on Julia Roberts or Tom Cruise for a cameo appearance and it'll do nothing for the ratings.

Soaps don't have any pull to them anymore. The only fans excited about seeing someone come back to their show are the ones that are already watching it... and we're down to just a couple million per soap.

• Members

Well, I've expected this since last December. But this is the best for her and AMC.

I'm so sad that Rebecca's leaving, I love her and Greenlee to death, but I don't blame her at all. But, I wish we could have seen more of what Pratt could have done for Greenlee, besides a Rylee reunion.

I hope her exit SL isn't like the last one. I don't want to see her angry at everyone and leaves town as a result. I'd rather see her leave town on good terms and move on with her life elsewhere. But whatever happens, I just don't want her killed off. :P

And with that, best of luck Rebecca.

• Members

I agree with you and LeClerc about Ryan needing to go in a different direction after Greenlee leaves. IMO, he does not need to be paired with Annie again or Kendall. Either pairing is going to make him look more fickle especially since he has claimed that neither one of those relationships were as good as his was with Greenlee and that his love for Greenlee is greater than anything that he felt for these two women. I don't feel like he should just turn around and fall back in love with one of these women, after what he has said about Greenlee. Once Greenlee leaves he needs to be free from Annie and Kendall for good.

After Greenlee leaves I want Ryan to be single for a while. And then I want him to be paired with someone new, and take it slow. I want his new relationship to be built up in a good way and I want to see him fall in love in a way that is beliveable.

I wouldn't mind if he was paired with Taylor. I think that they could fit together. Now if we could just get some scenes between him and Taylor interacting so that we can see if they have any chemistry. I don't like how Taylor is being isolated and we are only seeing her with Jake, Frankie, Amanda and occasionally a few other people. She needs to interact with a lot more people on the canvas and maybe build up other friendships/relationships/connections with the other characters. I would like to see her in some scenes with Ryan and see how they interact with each other.

I also think that Ryan and Amanda could work if they have chemistry and if the storyline is done right. I think that Amanda would need to be given more depth but I think that her and Ryan could work. I think that he could be single for a while and then they could start him and Amanda out as friends, and see where they go from there. I don't see her and Jake lasting a long time and I don't really think there is any other man on the show besides Ryan that she could be paired with, except maybe Aidan. But if she was paired with Aidan they would probably get backburned. So I think that if they leave Ryan single for a while, they could try and pair him with Amanda and it could work.

I think that Ryan should be single for a while and then be paired with either, Taylor, Amanda, or someone new. But not Reese.

• Members

I'd like to believe that the return of Angie and Jesse is more of a long term investment in that the show wanted to bring more color to the canvas. The ratings did spike when they returned and during the wedding because it was THE story to watch, but when you have the sextet sucking up the rest of the airtime you're just cannibalizing the momentum you would've gained.

Archived