AMC: Uncasting News

• Members

Please don't even try to speak for me or tell me what I think, got it? Thought so ;)

Yeah she was a bad recast, but I had nothing against her as a person, and she was treated very shabbily, anyone with a heart would feel for what she went through, and all for an actress who couldn't care less about this show.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Lets all try to be nice and only speak for ourselves, and not other posters and certainly actors.

The Sabine card has been played to death so lets put it to rest. Regardless if Becky had come back or not, it was the right decision for the show to let her go from the role.

• Members

Ditto. And you know what? ABC made the decision to fire Sabine knowing that RB was only willing to commit for ONE year. They knew it was a real possibility that she would bolt after that year was up. RB certainly is not screwing over the show -- because they took her back, knowing full darn well that her future with the show was up for grabs after that first year.

• Members

So drop the issue but not until you put in the final word? I'm not trying to be rude but that's how this reads.

And I happened to like Sabine, a hell of a lot more than I like Rebecca. The only thing RB has going for her is that she's prettier (IMO).

• Members

ITA with Kubla. IMO Rebecca loves AMC. I think back when she got the role she loves this character and she loved the show espically JDB as EP.

IMO SS should have known what role she was getting into. Greenlee is a very poular character only played by Rebecca Budig. I felt bad for her because she got fired during Christmas but unforunatly thats daytime today.

• Members

It serves ABC right for not getting her into a more long term contract when it was obvious from day one of her return that she wasn't committed to the show at all. I honestly dont see Budig setting primetime TV alight; she can play the minx/bad girl well but I can hardly buy her as a cop or a lawyer, and considering the amount of crime shows on TV that's a major disadvantage. That being said, she'd have made a fantastic Karen Darling type character.

• Members

Rebecca sogned a 4 years deal , but had an out lause after a years just in case she didn't like her story and if it didn't work out for her Hubster. It didn't workout on both counts so she bailed. Also Rebecca didn't ask AMC to return Brain Frons begged her to comeback and she did. If was upfront about everything so don't see how she can be blamed. She also cameout hard about the "real" Greenlee thing.

Just wonder where AMC goes with Greenlee. IMO they shouldn't recast but instead give Greenlee a final exit but having Leo be alive , Greenlee die or have Ryan/Adian drive her crazy and send her off to Oakhaven.

• Members

If AMC recasts Greenlee, they are making a huge mistake. Give Rebecca her dramatic exit. Give her that last juicy tirade that has become Greenlee's trademark (ie: the tirade at Jack/Erica's wedding, the tirade over Leo's death to Anna and David, the tirade at the cabin when David hadn't realized Maggie skipped town, the amazing final moments when Greenlee told Ryan she was leaving forever).

Rebecca never got a goodbye montage. Give her the scenes, the montage, and lets close this chapter of life in Pine Valley.

Archived