OLTL week of August 25, 2008

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

^^^^^^^^^This story was stupid and dumb from the getgo. Just be glad its over

Loved Tess with Todd today and how got him to keep quiet about her. He truly is a bstard bc instead of getting Jess the help she needs, he's going to keep quiet to protect himsef

• Members

HAH! No argument from me there.

John and Blair are starting to get a little too "horny teenager" for me. It was really cute and sexy the first night, but I'm lookin' for some growth here.

Tess and Todd are great, but I still wish Bree would pull back on the eyes. It's SO over-the-top.

And I get the whole Iraq comparison with 'Nam, but was that last scene today REALLY necessary? I didn't take ANY of the 1968 story as some kind of message about war, no matter how many times they tried to shoehorn it into the story.

I don't mean to be so whiny about the show. I know it's infuriating to some, the negativity. I was over-the-moon positive about OLTL for months there... so I'm probably taking the change in tone a little too personally. LOL!

• Members

Thank God the 1968 storyline is over and I have a HUGE problem with Rex forgiving Gigi so easily about lying to him about Shane but yet he can't forgive Charlie and Roxy. WTFEver Rex!!

It's sick. Just sick that I like the chemistry between Todd and Tess. I can't wait for the day that Marty gets her full memory back, it's going to be (or I sure as hell hope it will be).

• Members

I enjoyed today's episode.

I am happy 1968 is over but happy the truth was FINALLY revealed. I thought Farah did a good job but JPL should have been more upset. Although Rex and Gigi both forgave one another I think Gigi will recieve the brunt of the anger from Shane when they FINALLY tell him the truth.

I enjoyed the Blair and John scenes, I thought they were light hearted and fun. Tess/Todd/Marty scenes were pretty good to.

Mendorra continues to bug me but I think it is the acting that bugs me the most. Carlo I love the rest BLECH!

• Members

I guess Mendorra was supposed to be a joke but it has been going on for too long. The only good thing that came out of it was Tina's return and one of the bad things is that Thalia lost her credibility as a character (I guess she will return to being a cop after spending some time as princess of a small counry :huh: ). I liked her a lot as a down-to-earth character..

Todd and Tess are extremely sexy together. My kinky alter ego Ilsa would love a triangle between Tess-Todd-Marty. :D However Tess should be less like Jan Spears and more like a vixen.

Blair has done wonders for the character of John by the way. I think he is very cute now.

Gigi should have taken some fashion tips from Emma before she left 1968.

PS: I will miss you Olympia Buchanan..

• Members

I thought ti was meant to look silly, almsot like a farce but that's (yet) ANOTHER problem witht his story for me. Are we meant to feel ANY danger? Is it meant to be as silly as it is with them all sneaking into the castle so easily cuz of some book yet Talia couldn't figure out a way out?

"And I get the whole Iraq comparison with 'Nam, but was that last scene today REALLY necessary? I didn't take ANY of the 1968 story as some kind of message about war, no matter how many times they tried to shoehorn it into the story. "

Yeah this kinda left a bad mouth in my taste too. So they took a completely nonsensical, silly story, and now are implying it was some sort of statement about Vietnam being like the current war? Or was it not meant to be that controversial and just meant to be all patriotic and honour the American troups? or WHAT? And the actor who play's Bo's son, playing Bo, was cute I guess but he sure didn't inherit any of his father's natural aacting talent.

Now I wonder if there'll be ANY long term effects of that story besides the secret revealed. Is David still somewhere fading in and outin front of mirrors? Time travelw as some sort of bizarre karmic "lesson" to force Gigi to tell the truth and umm for Bo to realize he should be happy not to be like Asa?

ummmm... well as long as no similar lessons are forced on other characters...

• Members

Is there some unwritten rule I'm not aware of that we're only allowed to post if we gush? I am with you brimike. I loved the show up to Nash's funeral, since then I've been bored out of my mind.

Oh good JP! It's not just me.

Considering he's not speaking to HIS mother for lying about his own paternity, and he wanted to divorce his wife before they even made it to the honeymoon for a relatively minor fib about bringing Brody to town to run interference with Gigi -- yeah it's just a tad hypocritical. They've taken a couple (Rex and Gigi) and two characters I was really warming up to, and they've made them repugnant to me. And there's no end in sight.

I do like John lighter and flirtier. It's a shame they've waited so long to write this John. I don't even mind that it compromises the integrity of the character, because the character's integrity sucks, so it should be compromised. But I genuinely hate this story. Is it necessary for Blair to become John's sex toy? I mean she takes her rings off and talks about letting go of Todd, and John once again really has nothing to share except "Mike's working tonight" so basically enough with all this talk that makes me uncomfortable, let's go back to my place and screw? Nothing really new there, same old John, except they're allowing him to be fun, and they could have done that anytime over the last five years. It just proves to me what a waste this character has been all this time.

Archived