OLTL week of August 25, 2008

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Culliton would, but I wouldn't mind Lorraine Broderick or Tom Casiello returning to take that spot of Co-HW. If I can't have them I would settle for Elizabeth Page. Page seems to know alot about the show considering that she has spent such a short time on the show. I'm quite impressed. :wub:

• Members

Agreed Carolyn should be co-head with Ron. She would ground him the same way she grounded Sheffer that first year on ATWT. I don't know why, but she's just not cutting it as Script Editor this time around.

LMAO at you mentioning EP or TC... somewhere, Sylph is cracking his knuckles and getting ready to start a-typin' furiously. LOL!

• Members

Oh I love Liz. Everyone else hates her. Aida Croal and E-Page are good. MPL, Fran Meyers, are two of the worst writers I have ever seen on a present day soap. They both have the same problem. They write episodes like they are young and totally dont understand the "lingo" used now because they bomb it every time. I could imagine them dressing in jogging suits to work.

Tell Sylph to bring it!! This isn't ATWT anymore. She writes good on OLTL. Period.

• Members

LMAO. Funny, but sadly you hit the nail on the head with what's wrong with Meyers and MPL's scripts. I mean I know they've been in the business quite awhile, but damn does it have to show up on screen?

Croal is a good example of bringing in fresh new blood into the genre.

• Members

Oh, I'm an E-Page fan as well. And actually, I liked her scripts on ATWT - I still remember those early Hal/Emily scenes and how much I enjoyed their His Gal Friday banter. I've got nothing against her at all. :-)

And Croal went through the writer development program. It's a great way to bring in new blood, and I hope ABC continues to do it.

• Members

Carolyn Culliton has been Head Writer/Co Head Writer of more than one soap before. I think that she is better at coming up with story, rather then putting words down and editing others words. She is basically too good to be a SE or SW. Bring back Leslie Nipkow for that!!

• Members

I feel like Carolyn brings a certain realism to the shows she co-HW's. I think she had a whole lot to do with Sheffer's success his first year at ATWT, proven by the way it fell in quality so quickly after she left. I think Ron needs to be grounded right now - camp is good, but there's way too much of it. And CC could do for him what she did for Sheffer. I also think CC is a great writer, but the dialogue on OLTL has gotten so sitcom-y, I have to wonder if that's an order from above. CC never wrote like that for any show she's worked on in the last twenty years.

• Members

Yep. It was proven with both her tenures on the P&G soaps. On GL, before Millee Taggart had a Co-HW, she was mediocre at best. Once CC arrived in the building, it was the only time, within the last seven years, GL was must see tv all around. When she was on ATWT writing with Hogan Sheffer, ATWT was simply perfect. Once she left, the show suffered a slow and steady decline quality.

I will never understand OLTL let her go and we were stuck with Meyers, MPL, and JMF. It just didn't make sense.

So I'm missing the first half of OLTL today, I hope to be home in time to catch the end of today's eppy. How's the show so far? Anyone?

Archived