OLTL week of August 25, 2008

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Brittany in a bikini = great episode. I do like Langston/Markko as well, though I can't wait for Langston to 'show age' and interact with the non-teenage set.

I'm glad we're through with 1968 but I'm not digging the Tess storyline so I haven't been watching as much. I did dig Todd slapping Tess and trying to get to Jessica. Todd may be an ass, but it's moments like that that make him likeable, even amidst this Marty disaster.

• Members

The Markko stuff was funny. Im glad to see more of a personality from him

Tina's commentary during the Mendorra press conference wa hilarious. I loved her being disgusted at the sight of a naked Carlo but was opening up her fingers so she could see through them

So now Todd physically assults a pregnant woman. Was it necesary for him to slap Tess and shove her up against a wall while struggling with her. He does realize she's pregnant right, not that it would matter since he's no stranger to using violence against women. This was done to get Jess out but if he truly cared about her, he'd have her committed and let her doctors fix her. He only cares about saving his own skin

• Members

To quote Natalie: "But she's sixteeeeeeen, Jared!!!!!!"

I agree, though. I like Langston and Markko so much now as a teen couple because they aren't Starr and Cole. It's an unwritten rule that the "leading" teen characters have to be the dumbasses who make idiotic decisions (unprotected sex, "running away together," keeping pregnancies secret, letting your father's enemy adopt your kid, poorly staged musical theatre, etc). I'd only take Lang and Mark as leads if they were written as they are now.

Buttttttt, until then, I'm all for having them interact with the older characters. I like the idea of Langston becoming involved in this Clint/Dorian rivalry, so that works. Markko will (and should) probably be a supporting role in this, but I'd like to see some kind of conflict in their relationship somewhere down the line (conflict that enables to get back to-fricken-gether though!).

• Members

If he had brought Jess back she almost certainly would have told people about what he's doing to Marty, so I think he does care about more than himself. But he's not a good guy, so I don't expect him to go so far as telling everyone the truth so that Tess will blow his scheme sky high. It would have been great if Todd did tell Natalie the truth and then Tess convinced everyone that she's Jess and he was only trying to have her committed to save his own skin and keep Marty hidden. :lol:

• Members

I loved everything about Thursday's episode. I am sorry for those who do not like OLTL but I am enjoying it. I also watched GH and DOOL all this week and have found both of those shows borrrring. zzzz

Tess and Todd going at it was fun. I loved when Todd slapped her and tried to bring Jessica out and she played him. Being new to the show, I had no idea about Todd's previous alter's but still found it funny when she called him Rodd and all the other names.

Bo and John were too cute. The friendship and respect they showed today was really great, especially the smiles at the end.

Rex/Gigi/Mo/Noelle were also fun to watch. I was happy Moe lectured Rex and was protecting Gigi's about Rex being married. I loved Gigi's reaction to Moe's "Kiss it Gigi" in the end, adorable. I was always wondering what Psychic Delfina meant by "I hope she says NO" when she first arrived in Texas with Gigi. Now I know she was referring to Moelle/Noelle's engagement.

It was good to see Jared and Natalie again. I loved the quick edits between them and Langston/Markko "geraldo" Rivera with 2 K's :lol:

It was also fun to see Charlie and Carlotta. So does this mean Charlie will rebuild the Bonjour? This is speculation on my part going off the next scene showing the Bonjour take-out bag.

Mendorra, never cared for it, there were a couple of great one liners today but I am glad it is over.

Did I miss anything? WOW it seemed like so much happened today to wrap up storylines and begin new ones. GREAT EPISODE

Archived