Emmerdale: Discussion Thread

• Members

So, she's basically playing her character from Birds of A Feather...

Anyway, some scheduling changes for the ITV soaps next week. The lineup for Thursday night will be switched to Wednesday, and Wednesday's lineup will be played on Thursday. This is due to ITV's football coverage next week.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s3/coronation-street/scoop/a259864/changes-to-next-weeks-soap-schedules.html

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I'm really disappointed in the way they have written this storyline so far. Aaron and Jackson show absolutely NO affection towards each other - not physical, not in how they speak to each other or how they look at each other. We know nothing about their relationship. We know nothing about their characters. The most we get is forced banter, or a scene where Aaron acts like a jackass and then Jackson gets over it. There is some speculation that the only point of this storyline is to show that Aaron can't handle a relationship, but it just makes Aaron look childish and pathetic, and repeats the same scenes he has already had a dozen times, and since the show is not actually letting us see ANYTHING of this relationship, why should we care about what happens to it or to the people involved? Even when the relationship ends, why should we care about what happens to Aaron, as the show has made clear that even IF he has another relationship we won't be seeing any of it?

There's a lot of speculation that

• Members

The funny thing is I like Jackson more and more even though he isn't actually a character and likely has no future on the show, at the same time as I'm not all that interested in Aaron at the moment. It's like Kieron and John Paul on Hollyoaks all over again, presumably minus the horrific murder by a long lost relative.

• Members

Hmm, just speculating, but maybe Alicia's son could actually be Leyla's?

I wonder if that Terry/Rodney scene had any merit or if it was just filler. It was nice to see either way.

I love when we get to see the more playful side of Aaron with the veterans like Doug and Pearl. They are the moments I most look forward to with him.

• Members

Random comment ... I think it could be good if once Nicola realizes owning The Woolpack isn't for her, that Diane still decides to sell it and the person she would sell it too would be one of Marian Wilks' children who wants to honour his grandfather, or something to that effect (affect?) I always get those two confused. :unsure:

• Members

I think that's a great idea. I wish the show explored more of their past. Aside from Eve, they don't seem very interested.

I also think that putting Terry back at the Woolpack would make sense.

I haven't seen a lot of the last few weeks, I felt like I needed a break. Tell me, are they going to pair Ryan up with his "hot" female prison guard? That's like something off of Oz, unfortunately minus the gratuitous male nudity.

• Members

My dislike for Scarlett continues. She's just pitiful really.

Eve continues to be a slutbag, but I love it. I'm thinking her going after Carl is just a game. She definitely has ulterior motives.

I really growing to like Hannah. It was a good decision to write her first relationship with a boy coming into play at such a dramatic time in her family's life. It's a good balance. However, the woman that plays Moira just isn't that strong of an actress.

Nicola was annoying today. This Pub SL is kind if making me hate her.