Emmerdale: Discussion Thread

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I'm going to miss Maisie. The Wyldes added something very special to Emmerdale. Reading that makes me think Lyndon actually did want to leave and he wasn't fired. I'd rather believe that, because if he wanted to stay he never should have been written out.

• Members

I like where the show is going with Liz having feelings for Bob, I hope Bob ends up reciprocating them and not falling for Hazel. Plus, I don't want some Hazel/Bob relationship affecting Viv's friendship with her. It's helped the character quite a bit, I don't want to get rid of that.

Where the hell is Diane at? I want Nicola and Jimmy out of the pub already. And Victoria? Shouldn't the summer be when the teenagers are used the most? Lame.

That female copper should pull a Claire Howell on Ryan. She clearly wants to. :)

• Members

Speaking of love interests, is it just me, or does Alice Coulthard have chemistry with every man on the show? When she was in that scene with Sam yesterday, a strong part of me felt like they were about to make out. Though, I admit, that may say more about me then it does about her. LoL

Edited by Amello

• Members

She does, you're right. I guess she is the anti-Sammy Winward...

So what do you think of the show at the moment? I am kind of behind. I have mostly been keeping up with some of the Lamb/Wylde stuff, and seeing if Ryan is going to change, as they said he would. So far he seems about the same but that may not last.

• Members

Well, last nights episode I was on the edge of my seat with Maisie getting all the pieces in place, and Brenda crashing Katie's birthday party was hilarious. However, I'm saddened by the way the show is handling the Eve character. It felt as if she was going to be this man hating-man eating bitch, so now that she is suddenly felling "guilt" over this thing with Carl it's getting on my nerves. Plus, I just don't understand what they're doing with Carl. Are we just supposed to buy that he's a cheating pig, because he isn't showing an ounce of remorse for cheating on Chas. And actually, he seems to be proud of himself. I just don't get it.

And then there's this Marlon/Paddy/Rhona triangle, which I just don't like either.

Edited by Amello

• Members

It seems like Blyth only tells stories where Carl destroys women. He ruined Lexi's life, then Chas, now Eve. It's unsettling as it reminds me of the way that men on American soaps are written.

What probably bothers me most is that Chas and Carl were a great couple and a lot of fans had waited a long time for them to get back together. Yet now it would seem she was just another of Carl's conquests.

• Members

So like I mentioned awhile ago, I definitely think Alicia's child is Leyla's with Justin that she gave up all right to for some reason.

If Katie works with anyone that person is Andy. And going on a superficial tangent, does anyone sometimes go off in space just fantasizing about that body? Jesus Christ, Lord Have Mercy!!! Today's I must of blanked out for a good couple minutes. :lol:

This Viv friendship is the saving grace for Hazel, without it I wouldn't care much about her considering her plot point son is useless to me.

Edited by Amello