Emmerdale: Discussion Thread

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I might take Viv & Sam off the list because they arent that bad.

Edna is really one of those characters who annoys me and is at times quite rude. Like when she kept accusing The King kids for things they never did.

Rhonda i just haven`t got use to yet.

Sandy does not do much.

Adele i also havent gotten use to especially when they paired her with Andy.

Declan`s character is also i never liked. Prefered the actor on Waterloo Road.

• Members

I think they knew killing off Jackson wouldn't have had the same reaction. The show has not done anything to make us believe Aaron cares about Jackson.

This isn't new for Emmerdale. Cain killed, I believe, two dogs, to try to hurt people. The Reynolds family dog, and then he poisoned Sadie King's beloved dog, Damon.

What bothers me is that this whole "let's kill someone off to make us pity the thug that cares about them" is so close to what American soaps do, like Todd on OLTL. Between this and the asexuality it's just tough to care about Aaron now.

• Members

Starting tomorrow, Vision TV (a Canadian basic cable station that's original mandate was faith based programming--whatever faith) will have a 6pm block of Eastenders and Emmerdale--Eastenders apparently picking up where it ended last Spring when preminum cable channel, BBCCanada stopped airing it. I haven't watched Emmerdale in years, since CBC stopped showing it, so it will be interesting to see where they pick it back up (and CBC airs Coronation at 7--so that makes a good 90 min chunk of UK soaps...)