Emmerdale: Discussion Thread

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Yeah I comment too much, I can't help it, sometimes I worry that the person uploading thinks no one cares. :lol: I love those early episodes but I don't want to go through them too fast. I should though. I especially enjoy the family atmosphere and the scenes with Sam or Annie or Matt. I look forward to the Jack scene -- they did something similar about 15 years later when Frank Tate whipped and kicked a man who had an affair with his wife Kim.

I wonder if this is the last time they showed Home Farm until the early 80s when Alan Turner moved in.

Frazer Hines revealed today that he's been battling cancer for eleven years.

http://www.thisisnottingham.co.uk/news/Emmerdale-star-reveals-11-year-cancer-battle/article-2427684-detail/article.html

• Members

Frazer Hines is such a delight in these episodes. What a fighter. I got mad respect for him now. There's absolutely no reason why he shouldn't be on the show today. He's kind of like Tony DiMera (Days) in the sense that he was a long running popular character who, to my knowledge and surprise, was never given a child to live on his legacy.

• Members

That look Natasha gave Faye at the end of today's episode was completely bone chilling!

Actually, I really enjoyed today's episode. Loved Will today. His line about Viv scaring him was hilarious.

That Amber chick has a really weird accent. It bothers me.

Val continues to be one of my favorites. They showed many layers to character today that endeared me even more to her.

• Members

I will have to watch these last few episodes soon.

I really like Val. I don't know if you've seen the 2004-2005 stuff with her but she had some great moments, although she was a real wild card back then, a tornado. I think Anita Turner made her too much of a joke, and that turned some against Val, but Charlie Hardwick is a wonderful actress and she has such a special bond with Diane. I hope that Val will have more to do eventually.

• Members

First pics of Jimmy and Nicola being the new owners of The Woolpack:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s12/emmerdale/scoop/a247277/first-pics-all-change-at-the-woolpack.html

I've never found Nicola Wheeler to be an attractive woman. Her nose bothers me and her body and head especially seems weirdly shaped. Her current hairstyle is very unflattering too.

Edited by Y&RWorldTurner

• Members

You should have seen Nicola 5-6 years back! She had very short, chopped up hair, like a warped cereal bowl was on her head, and she also had braces. That photo is awful (and it looks cheap -- the lighting is shocking), but I actually think she's looked much better in recent years -- probably her best look was around 2008 when she had long hair which also had a wave.

I don't like the idea of Jimmy and Nicola running the Woolpack. Nicola Wheeler has even said she thinks Nicola would be a horrible landlady. I can see Jimmy enjoying himself but Nicola would never stoop to running a pub.

Edited by CarlD2

• Members

I hope that is the case. But I must say, I do favor the fact that UK soaps can keep spoilers hidden from us. I mean, this Charlie story has been going on for quite some time and we still don't know how it will end. I refuse to believe he'll just die and she'll return. What would be the point?

• Members

I am now saddened. I finished up the first 52 episodes just now. The Sharon, Trash/Penny, Alison stories really made the show much more interesting from a plot level. I know there is a new DVD coming out sometime this year, so hopefully the person will upload those episodes as well. Now that I'm done with those though I'm going to let myself take a look at the some of the other episodes she has.

Edited by Amello