EastEnders: Discussion Thread

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Scott Maslen is leaving Eastenders. He will have a big exit (of course that's what they always say).

I had a good laugh at some of the comments at DS about how wonderful he used to be, and oh aren't we sad when any Santer character leaves. It was Santer who made him a manwhore and seemed to have zero idea what Maslen could actually play. The only popularity this character had was with Ronnie obsessives, and for sexiest male awards. Worthless.

• Members

Oh good. Jack was so boring. I never minded his interest in Sharon, but man, he pretty much added nothing to the show. Shame. What a waste. Not that I thought he was spectacular but I doubt he was horrible. I just don't think they had any interest in him. He just felt like he was "floundering" the entire time I was watching, up until the Jack/Phil/Sharon ... whatever it is.

Edited by KMan101

• Members

Probably b/c he's been doing a hell of a lot of theatre work since leaving EE. He always seems to be promoting this play or that play in the West End. So, he's never really had the time for big TV roles.

If you would go to YT, Carl, then I class that as watching in some capacity.

• Members

He was on Hotel Babylon in its death throes.

I read that Sharon and Ian apparently don't even acknowledge each other. What's with that? Why did they bring Sharon back?

Speaking of death throes, I ended up watching some of the episode where Pat and Yolande fought in the Vic, as Kevin Wicks was about to leave. He got involved with the fight, then his daughter arrived, etc. It's difficult to think of other actors who were so jarringly terrible and wrong in every line the way that Phil Daniels was.

• Members

Sharon and Ian have talked many times since she returned to the show (well mostly in her first few weeks) people may be talking about the other day when Ian went to the Vic for his birthday with his kids and Dot. Sharon should of likely been with them.

• Members

Ian and Sharon were very close once again when she first returned. Sharon even helped Lucy and Ian pretty much come back together. It did seem to taper off I guess. Ian's like an afterthought it seems. Shame.

And back to Jack ... he is likeable but I guess I can easily do without him, too. Not a big loss in that sense but in terms of losing a nice, likeable guy, yeah, it is kind of a shame.

• 2 weeks later...