EastEnders: Discussion Thread

• Members

Max left town last year for 3 months after his affair with Tanya was outed, and his kids turned against him and kicked him out of his own home. The affair story was awful; really showed Max and Tanya as ugly characters. Anyway, Max came back with Derek, who has been blackmailing him over something. Now Max is making secret payments to someone... That's it.

Carol will be back sometime in the next couple of months, presumably with Bianca's kids. Oh joy. Not. June Brown is off the show for 6 months, and no matter what she says, I can't see her not returning... unless she wants to retire. Bianca is off contract and technically no longer with the show. She'll return if TPTB ask her. I hope they don't. She's played out, and all of PP's breaks is annoying and hurt the show, IMO.

You missed out Tamwar, but that's not your fault as he hasn't been seen in months. You also forgot Jay. It's weird when they have scenes as a group, b/c most of them don't hang out together, yet act like they're all BFFs. I'm happy Anthony has left; never liked him. His exit was lame, but I'm just pleased he's gone. I wish they'd boot out Tyler, too.

ETA: I agree with almost everything you said, except the Syed & Christian part. It sums up how I feel about those characters/stories.

Edited by Ben

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I was watching some early 90's EE the other day. and it was interesting to see Ian being such a jerk as early as 1991 (He wanted to buy the bar his mom was raped in and he told her to "get over it") It was finding out that Cindy cheated on him plus Steven not being his real son that made Ian stop being a somewhat normal person right? The 1993 jazzy Eastenders theme is so strange to me.

• Members

Ian was always a jerk. He could be kind and loved his family, but he was ambitious and driven which made him ruthless. It drove Cindy away from him. Her affair with Simon Wicks was actually understandable. However, Ian got worse when he found out Cindy cheated and Steven was not his son.

Spoiler about Sharon's new story: http://www.digitalsp...t-revealed.html

Edited by Ann_SS

• Members

Ian has been a victim of horrific writing for many years, off and on and off and on. As much of a [!@#$%^&*] as he can be I do not believe he would ever say that to Kathy.

That rape story was one of the best stories Eastenders ever had, by far. It was also basically a goodbye to the "real" Eastenders.

Edited by CarlD2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Yeah, DH was phenomenal in those scenes, when that creepy, OTT, unrealistic social worker took her baby away.

I'm a little surprised that this thread has gone so quite recently, after the buzz of Sharon's return. I think the show is a lot more watch-able day-to-day than it has been all year. I like that more characters are interacting with each other.