EastEnders: Discussion Thread

• Members

A lower keyed entrance would have been better for Sharon, as this whole non-wedding/kidnapping was way too OTT and pointless. I didn't watch every episode, as the story didn't interest me, but I did like her scene with Ian - not sure about Jack. Feels all a bit rushed. I'm gonna block out all of this, and pretend Sharon has simply breezed back in to Albert Square without the OTT-ness.

Wasn't keen on the Shirley/Ben scenes either, as they felt a bit off. The last scene was the best, and exactly how I expected Shirley to react.

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

What was that?! Why couldn't Shirley take off her own damn ring? It's not like she hasn't done it before. And why was the bath filled with water? I'm glad she knows the truth, b/c it means this horrible story can end at last.

• Members

Another wonderful Sharon episode. Her scenes with Lucy were so touching and sad. I felt Sharon's loss, pain, and lonely over losing Dennis. I hope that Ian does not give up his businesses and properties to Lucy. She will probably lose it all.

Shirley is such a doormat for Phil. She is so desperate to keep him.

• Members

Jack and Sharon were a total cringefest in Wednesday's episode. The dialogue was sh*tty and to me they already seem to be trashing Sharon's character. And pairing her with Jack is asking for trouble if you ask me, why don't they get rid of this pointless excuse of a character? He annoys me as much as Martha and Jack from Home and Away and Bridget Parker from Neighbours rolled into one. Just ugh.

On the plus side Joshua and Steve had some wonderful moments as Phil and Ben, I love them both. Just want to put my arms around Ben and hold him forever :( Yes, I know he's now a murderer but I still love him and the whole situation is heartbreaking :(

Edited by Edward Skylover

• Members

You and your Ben Mitchell love. tongue.png

I think Sharon's return episodes get better with each passing episode and as she interacts more with other characters. I loved her scenes with Lucy today, they seem to be moving her into more of a younger matriarchal role. The way she handled Lucy was sort of reminiscent of Pauline or Pat.

• Members

No one understands my Ben love :(

I agree about Sharon and I like the idea of her becoming a young matriarch. Her scenes with Lucy were wonderful and I'm starting to think that her return story with the wedding etc perhaps wasn't so bad after all if we're to believe that her behaviour has been driven by loneliness without Dennis. I think she'll be ruined as soon as her association with Jack returns though. :(

I'm gonna cry when Ben inevitably hands himself in to the police. :(

• Members

I have never liked Jack. The way he kept sleeping with blond Mitchells along those women and dropping kids all over the place. The writing for him has been dire. However, the character is getting a second chance in this flirtation with Sharon.

• Members

Ben should have just moved in with me, I would have kept him safe and warm at night biggrin.png

I'm loving having Sharon back, she already has a great rapport with little Dennis smile.png

BTW, EastEnders is a documentary soap, right?

Edited by Edward Skylover

• Members

So, is the show worth tuning into now with Sharon back? What other storylines are going on right now? I haven't watched with any regularity in over a year, and the sudden influx of Moons from last summer really turned me off (even though the Moons' moons were supposed to be turn ons...). I kinda miss the show, but I know it'll feel weird with Pat gone and Janine on break.

Edited by All My Shadows