EastEnders: Discussion Thread

• Members

Sharon's amazing, I knew I loved her and was looking forward to her coming back, but I'd forgotten just how much I loved her. She IS EastEnders IMO, I know no character is bigger than a show but when the show has Sharon it's much stronger. Together with Janine I would actually say they are more important than Ian even if he's been there this whole time. Having said that, I love Ian and Sharon together too and Phil suddenly seems so much more likeable with Sharon back.

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Was Friday's episode brilliant or what? The whole thing with the football team, getting kicked off the game and then that HILARIOUS fight erupting (Michael was actually twisting Fatboy's nipple!), Max's constant hits... Just great. Also, the animosity between Sharon and Tanya. It actually looks like they're taking more of a comedic look with that as well, unless it turns serious.

Edited by YRBB

• Members

What little I saw of them since I've started watching, I agree with you. I think in all of August they were barely extras. Christian had a scene with Ian. Syed entered his daughter into the Vic's baby contest and lost and whined to Christian. Then Syed sneered at Jay over Heather's murder. Blah. I won't miss them.

• Members

I do, and she was the saving grace of her entire wooden family. She was really good in FA; they gave her a rape story, and she was awesome - one of the best actors the show had in the latter years. I think she will be good in EE.

EE has this whole "black quota" thing going on - or at least it did in the past, so I really hope they aren't getting rid of Denise or Kim. They could dump Sasha and Ray in favour of her, even though I rather they dumped the quota.

I love Syed; so much potential has been wasted this past year. I bet his lack of air time is the reason why Marc quit. I can see why Christian had to go, as they don't want to split them up, and probably don't want to write for Christian any more, considering they've struggled to give him screen time, too. I think this is a mistake. I bet they brought in AJ b/c Syed is leaving. I hope they give Tamwar something to do, or he'll be gone, too.

• Members

Finished up the first week of September yesterday. So I'm finally caught up. Yay!

I like Carly. I was happy she came back to help Shirley exit. It was so sad seeing Shirley sleeping on the streets, falling down drunk and getting bugs. However, it was quite entertaining and Linda Henry is terrific. I love how Phil is desperate for her and not the other way around.

I'm glad Tanya and Sharon became friendly after all. I love their scenes together so much. Sharon sparkles with everyone. She really does. She makes me like Jack. She's brought the best out in Ian (whom I adore beyond belief). I love the rebuilding of the relationship between Ian and Lucy. Unlike the US soaps and teens, I find myself caring about Lucy. Finally! I hated her for a while. Love Ian with Bobby.

Sharon's return has been good and I like they're taking their time integrating her back into the canvas. Another character I adore beyond belief is Denise. I love how strong she is. I just love everything about her.

Zainab and Masood have won me over. Zainab <3

Syed's so pretty smile.png That's about all I got. Won't miss him or Christian, who is also quite pretty. I'll have to try and watch their storyline because I think I would like them. I can't blame either for leaving either because both have been dayplayers since I started watching in August, give or take a few extra long scenes here and there.

Patrick is awesome. He's great. He's becoming such an anchor. I like how he forces Cora to do good and I liked how they rescued Lucy.

I'm over Kat's affair and Alfie being in the dark. Does anyone REALLY care? I like them together and this just feels like such a retread. Anyone else disgusted by the thought of her shagging Derek? The whole affair thing creeps me out. As does her desire to be with Alfie right after. I think Jessie Wallace is doing great but this material is just ... sigh. I give her credit for selling the hell out of it.

What's up with Max? I might have missed why he was dropping off that money? I like the actor and wish he was given more to do. Same for Perry Fenwick as Billy.

The dynamic between Janine and Michael is great. Is she going on a break too? UGH. Tanya AND Janine both on a break?

What happened to Carol/Bianca/Dot coming back? Any dates? Is it true June Brown might not come back? And in watching some scenes from when Nick took the Cafe hostage (lmao that was soooo bad but that was my first chance seeing June Brown in anything somewhat recent and I love her), Bianca's screaming made me lmao so hard. All I remember is reading on here from back in 2010 that all Bianca did was scream and yell Rickaaaaay. And that's exactly what she did. God she was so annoying. Carl and others were right, she was nothing but a paraody.

ETA: I LOVE Gillian Wright as Jean. SOOO good. I love how they're better anchoring Patrick, Jean, Cora ... but why is Mo so wasted? Oh well.

I don't mind the teens but I'm more indifferent to them. I like that they're all friends. LOL at Anthony's exit. Seriously? I feel like they have too many though. Alice, Lola, Abi, Joey, Lucy, Fatboy, Whitney, Lauren, Tyler .... but at least it's not like the US soaps where they are all either at boarding school or in town while their parents are written out. Cuz THAT always makes sense. I don't get the appeal for Joey, Tyler or Anthony (who's gone). The women far outshine them.

Edited by KMan101