EastEnders: Discussion Thread

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

It's sad that her tenure was so underwhelming, given her long history with the show.

Many of DTC's stories were so over-sensationalized the last time, but that works for press attention, which they may going for again. He'll be EP this time though, so it will be interesting to see what his story producing team looks like.

• Members

I mostly remember DTC for those very gay and very annoying interviews he used to do in the Eastenders Revealed shows, complete with story descriptions that made no sense (Syed and Christian were supposed to be "Romeo and Romeo" - unless they killed themselves at the end, I didn't see it). He also came up with the Tanya buries Max alive story, which was pure trash.

The DTC era was all shock value all the time. I guess it worked for the ratings with Collinson and Corrie, but I don't care about that.

I guess Mitchell fans will be happy.

• Members

For all the good he did as Story Editor/Producer of Family Affairs, I was never completely convinced of his work at Eastenders (and this is someone who championed all things and people FA, The Bill and Dream Team).

But, it's possible he was working to ('Dashing' "Ooh, aint he gorgeous" in my best Barbara Windsor voice) Diederick Santer's directive so I'll do what I learned to do after largely getting it wrong about Bryan Kirkwood, and wait and see what happens.

I can predict, however, that there will be a massive bloodletting of both cast and crew (especially the story team and writers).

I was rather hoping that Lorraine Newman would work things out, because of how long she has been with the show and because I feel this is another victory for 'mob rule' and our poisonous written press.

Edited by UK LAW

• Members

OK, I admit after my last post a while back, I've become hooked again on Eastenders. We're a few years behind, as I mentioned--today was Ronnie's final appearance (until this year?) where she finally is sentenced to 3 years--which from what I can tell is July 2011. (I looked that date up online, but what's funny is since I follow the UK pop charts so closely--or at least did until this year--I often have some idea of when the show must have aired by the pop songs playing in the background.)

One question--I always find UK soap schedules very confusing, even when I spent a year there and only casually watched, I found it hard to keep up. EE airs five times a week here--is it currently at four or five episodes (for the most part) in the UK?

Edited by EricMontreal22

• Members

I suspect my interest in the show right now is partly due to only working part time this Summer--and not being really invested in any of the soaps except the online ones at the moment--which obviously I go through quickly (I'm holding out this week--or trying to.) I do admit I have little interest in Kat and Alfie and I think it's largely due to Kat's acting (and the writing.) They seem to be throwing in several new characters who have been pointless so far.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...