Loving/The City Discussion Thread

• Members

Thanks dc. I know we all went into this before but I still don't get recasting Doug, and that actor just seems a bit pointless.

I wonder what was going on with Cec, if they just kept recasting her because they didn't like the actresses, or if the actresses left of their own choice. Rebecca Staab was on GL by late 1985 and Alice Haining was on OLTL by mid-86, I believe. I wonder if Alice knew someone at ABC Daytime - she floated around their soaps for 2-3 years.

This should be mid-September 1985 Digest.

02-15-2011082139PM6.jpg

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

OK that's all I have of 1983-1987 at the moment, aside from one or two I've misplaced.

I'm really sorry about cluttering up the thread this way. I hope that you've enjoyed these and I have really enjoyed the conversations sparked about them. If you have anything else to say about them then please do, and if not, then I'm going to start posting some of what I have from 1988 on, so I hope you enjoy those.

I also wanted to apologize if anything I post overlaps with Paul Raven's synopses - I know he spends a lot of time writing those up.

• Members

Thanks for saying that - I appreciate it. I sort of cheat compared to the hard work you do on your synopses. The work you did and Paul Raven has done are why I started putting synopses up. Your synopses from this era were fascinating to read and they helped me see how important they are as a historical document for daytime.

When I'm done with the Loving stuff and some Doctors I will put up more of the early TV soap material I have (what little I have).