Loving/The City Discussion Thread

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

OMG, those 1987 recaps are AMAZING!!! Thanks so much for posting Carl. This is right when I started watching- I was only 8 but I picked it up with my Grandmother after SFT went off the air. It never clicked for me that Colleen Dion played Cecilia, though she always seemed so familiar on B&B and AW that it makes sense now. I remember so much of this- Lily setting her sights on Jack, Ned finding out April was a prostitute, Rick Webber's arrival, Cec hiding the miscarriage- such GREAT stuff. Gosh, if only SoapNet had re-aired Loving instead of Ryan's Hope. What could have been.

Sadly, I think it may have actually caught on, moreso than Ryan's Hope did, and even built a lil audience on Soapnet, especially if they started right around this time. It was always such a solid, consistent show when I watched (87-92, St Louis didn't air it when I moved there). And what REALLLY sucks is there isn't much of it online to ever whet my appetite.