Loving/The City Discussion Thread

• Members

It's hard to say which couples were most popular or fell out of favor as there were so many writer/producer changes and it seems they all wanted to put their stamp on the show.

Network TV being what it is,each new producer/writer had to make changes(not necessarily improvements) to show their worth. Nobody wants to hear 'things are going well,we'll just tweak her and there'.

The original concept and characters were soon tossed aside. Nobody suggested bringing back the Donovans -I'm sure the feeling was'nobody wants to see the poor folks. rich and glamorous are far more exciting'

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Wow, someone has put up some more Loving from 1987. Only about 8 or 9 minutes, excluding commercials, but it's still great!!

Christine Tudor was very theatrical as "bad" Gwyn, wasn't she?

Ann is dressed like a Solid Gold dancer.

It's so weird seeing Burke Moses as Curtis. I don't know if he quite suits the role. I most enjoyed him as Bulge on OLTL.

And it has Matthew Cowles as Eban Japes. Do you think he played the role similar to Billy Clyde?

Kate <3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_pELXcEJxQ

Edited by CarlD2

• Members

Episode from towards the end of the Corinth serial killer saga.

When were Jeremy and Angie friends? I guess they mean because they were both from Pine Valley? Were they close on AMC?

Edited by CarlD2

• Members

On the first or second clip?

I didn't realize just how much they did try to acknowledge Jeremy's Pine Valley past when he died. I remembered that Gwyn called Erica (offcamera), but I didn't know he had mentioned Caera. I wish they'd gone into the PV stuff a little more, and his relationship with Angie (I didn't know they were close), but at least they did try. I kind of laughed when they kept pausing the tape. Poor Jeremy!

Christine Tudor's work in that story was just spellbinding.

The mention of Soho was very clunky, but generally the City characters were well-integrated into Loving's final months.

Noelle Beck is very good here. I wonder if they ever asked her to go to The City.

Ugh I still can't stand Tony.

• Members

Oh, and it's kind of tacky for Trisha to upstage Jeremy's funeral and lecture everyone about appreciating their memories. I wanted someone to smack her. :lol:

I remembered Gilbert being in this but for some reason I just thought he was at the funeral. I didn't know he had some lines.

AMC and OLTL ads - boo hiss middle-aged Bobby and Anita.

Edited by CarlD2

• Members

First clip through the drinks and wood divider.

I had never seen his funeral, great upload. I just remember him standing there as a living statue. Indeed, lol at how they keep pressing pause!

I do not recall Angie ad Jeremy being that close.

I still find it hard to believe Richard came out of Sydney by way of Nick.

Uh, excuse me Trisha, I believe Angie was speaking. Or was that an edit? NB is a very attractive lady.

JLC looked a lot like how Gilbert looks in this clip when I saw him in Camino Real with Joan van Ark.

That Next Generation of AMC promo was dated even for 1995. Very Saved by the Bell.

Edited by SFK

• Members

What I kind of notice in that 1987 clip is how childish Gwyn and Ann seem, and how Cabot has to keep them in line. I guess I can see where they were going (it's a bit Quartermaine-ish) but I do wonder if there was some wasted potential in making so much of the Gwyn/Shana/Ann conflict about men and petulance, instead of more complicated dynamics between the three.