June 2-6, 2008

Toups

• Members

I think it will be back to the usual for AMC and OLTL, probably a 2.0 and 2.1, respectively, with GH at 2.2. People tuned into AMC for the wedding and Tad/Dixie aftermath. With things in a holding pattern right now until Pratt arrives and the ratings-toxic Zack, Kendall, Greenlee, Ryan, Annie etc about to go center stage again, I'm expecting even further falls. Good word of mouth and Evans' return will keep OLTL somewhat afloat. GH is an unmitigated mess, and I wouldn't be surprised to see some 1.9's pop up in the dailies. I think Y&R has stabilized and will be up slightly, at 3.6/3.7. I just can't imagine it bottoming out even more. However, its days of 4.0+ I think are over. ATWT will probably slink back up to 2.0. How much further can GL sink before it's finally put out of its misery?

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm trying. It's obvious that many of our "I hope the ratings are low so there can be creative changes" argument is no longer valid. If that were the case people like Guza/Phelps, Passasante/Goutman and Kriezman/Wheeler would have been gone a long time ago.

Rather than wish for low ratings, I'm just gonna hope things go up across the board, while still hoping for creative changes.

• Members

They were beginning to be a couple when I dropped Y&R for good. I happened to be flipping the channel the other day and they had their arms around each other. I thought what a boring couple. :rolleyes: I can't believe how Y&R has fallen storyline wise. It is so disappointing. I thought Y&R would be the one soap to keep its stable storyline telling. I guess I was wrong.

• Members

I'm not sure what happened with Y&R (other than allowing Latham to completely take over a Bell soap--what were they thinking?), but I had always believed Y&R could remain unscathed in the current soap woes. I was wrong. I hope that they use Hogan Sheffer to correct the recent mistakes in storytelling and not OVER correct the mistakes. Hogan can write good soap, but he sometimes goes over board. I don't believe he had the financial backing at Days to do what he wanted.

As for wishing the ratings plummet, it won't do any of them any good. PGP, for example, is going to do whatever they please.

• Members

I wouldn't call it disappointing, but it certainly isn't even near to being interesting, thrilling or suspenseful... actually, it is quite boring... but I'm still sticking to it, no matter what... that's why I'd like it if the ratings stay the same or improved as opposed to next week... the only hope Y&R has now is that Sheffer will be able to make it much better...

Archived