June 2-6, 2008

Toups

• Members

AMC is back in the crapper after the wonderful Angie & Jessie wedding and aftermath. I don't know how anyone can say the show's having a creative upswing, all I see is that horrible sextet every time I tune in. That's not helping things at all.

CBS can keep falling for all I care. No one seems to give two shits about those shows anymore. <_<

DAYS, well, we all knew this would happen so...

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

[ATWT/GL deserves the last 2 spots. Both SUCK! P&G soaps are in ALOT of trouble.]

What do you expect when you get rid of most of the writers? There's no longer any range of input, it's coming from so many fewer heads than in the past. That's the crappy economics biting everyone's ass.

• Members

Aww...Celia....bad memories. :lol:

I was the biggest Luke and Noah fan. Then I got bashed here....yes unbelievable...but I digress......then I would say something I didnt like about them at well that board..and the Nuke fans bashed me. I was a fan but just pointing out the bad stuff. So I got turned off real quickly. I'd rather see Luke with another guy. The actor who plays Noah sucks an a actor. Sorry....LOL.

Seriously, Paul is the same loser he was when Craig was around. And Insane Meg still wants him??? Meg is being written so [!@#$%^&*] stupid!!! This story is just being used to bring back Paul and Meg together. No other reason ....but who cares...I dont care for the pairing.

Casey and Emily are so ewwwww.......I just want Margo to slap the [!@#$%^&*] out of Emily.

Holden and Co. story is just a mess.

Seriously someone named Goutman needs a reality check!! I am so sick of EP who develop these big egos!!!

• Members

This week has been kind of rough on AMC with a couple of bright spots. I enjoyed the scene with Tad telling Kathy that she was his daughter. When he told her she could try calling him Daddy again and then choked up when she did got me. I couldn't help it, it just got me and I appreciated they thought to bring in Joe and Opal (wish we could have had Ruth too but I guess that's greedy). I appreciated the Adam and Erica scene. Those two are magic on the screen together and I liked the Krystal and Adam scene even though I do not like them as a couple. I thought their scene was brilliant and DC was stellar.

The rest was crap including Jake's high handed way of interfering with Angie treating Ryan as a patient. It was just wrong and I didn't like it. I don't expect a bump for this week.

• Members

Not for nothing but this is a classic AMC fan move. AMC fans (not all and do NOT mean to generalize here) always hate it when OLTL is on fire, as it was last week. They can not take it when OLTL is in a better place than AMC and often strive to kick it when its down. This is total stereotyping but you're just proving it right, ya know? Lots of love!!

• Members

Not all :) Just some. Actually a few on the internet.

It's no skin off anyone's back. OLTL is in a GOOD place. In fact it has been for a few years now, ups and downs, but it is definitely in a good place. No one is calling its imperfect. 80's soap was not imperfect. But it's in a good place, that's it. Clearly everyone will never agree with that, everyone will never find it as awesome as others, but that doesn't change that it is in a good place.

• Members

This ABC ratings news release is laughable yet beyond stupidity. It's amazing of how many of you believe such crap while ABC boasting GH beating GL in every category since GL does not air in many television markets opposite of GH.

So let's look at the facts here:

As of January 2007, stations in a number of markets air GL in the morning either at 9a.m. or 10 a.m. Eastern: Miami, Chicago, Baltimore, Boston, Detroit, New York City, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Orlando, Fort Wayne, Ind., South Bend, Ind., Portland, Me., Albany, N.Y., and Scranton-Wilkes Barre, Pa.

At noon GL is aired in Honolulu, HI and there are two markets that GL does not air which are Sacramento, CA and Flint/Saginaw, MI.

Elsewhere GL is normally aired at 3pm eastern and 2pm central which are smaller markets.

The top 25 largest U.S. television markets with the Nielsen Research Market are (which GL airs):

1. New York City --10am
  2. Los Angeles --2pm
  3. Chicago --9am
  4. Philadelphia --10am
  5. Dallas/Fort Worth --2pm
  6. San Francisco/Oakland/San Jose --2pm
  7. Boston/Manchester, NH --9am
  8. Atlanta--3pm
  9. Washington, D.C./Hagerstown, MD --3pm
  10. Houston --2pm
  11. Detroit --10am
  12. Phoenix --2pm
  13. Tampa/St. Petersburg/Sarasota --3pm
  14. Seattle/Tacoma --2pm
  15. Minneapolis/St. Paul --2pm
  16. Miami/Ft. Lauderdale --10am
  17. Cleveland/Akron/Canton --3pm
  18. Denver --2pm
  19. Orlando/Daytona Beach/Melbourne --9am
  20. Sacramento/Stockton/Modesto --Not available
  21. St. Louis --2pm
  22. Pittsburgh --10am
  23. Portland, OR --2pm
  24. Baltimore --10am
  25. Charlotte --3pm

Differences of the time slots has a lot to do with the overall ratings and share especially for GL. ;)

Archived