June 2-6, 2008

Toups

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

:lol::lol: So very hard at Days of our lives. That show sux beyond words. The show fell into the quick sand years and years ago and it has yet to pull it self out of the sinking sand. No wonder the show is gone in less than a year. I bet it lands dead last in the comming weeks.

OLTL on the other hand is amazing and I am so happy they are on the rise again, the show is off the hook right now, the writting is amazing and the show has done a 100% turn around since they fired Dena Higly...oh yeah she just so happens to be DOOL head writter now. again I am :lol: MAO at them. Now Days has her to clearly end thier show on a sour note. She's off to a good start.

Hogan was actually smart he was getting rid of boring waste of time redundent characters like John who has done the same old tired out story his entire stay on the show, Hogan was smart and got rid of him and the ratings sored... then DH brings him back to repeat what he has done since day one.. and gee where are the ratings now? LMFAO DOOL SUX!

Congradulations to OLTL they knocked it out of the park the last two weeks.

• Members

You know, I don't even feel any pain. I think I watch it so I can intelligently (or semi-intelligently) discuss it and hang with my Days online friends,but I don't rush to my recording like I do OLTL, and if Days gets automatically deleted after 4 days from my faux-Tivo, I really don't care. I discovered OLTL and have gone thru this whole "When will Days be cancelled" roller coaster for what seems like forever. I think I watch for actors, not stories or even characters any more, and I feel pretty reassured that most of the actors I like will end up finding other jobs eventually, so I'll see them again.

What bugs me is having TWO experienced Emmy nominees out of the total four Days nominees not being used better. One was canned months ago and one is pretty well backburnered. You'd think they'd find a way to utilize Judi and Thaao better. Then there's Martha Madison with no job. There seemed to be a good reaction to the way she worked with JKJ. There's terrific storyline potential in having her return to Philip and be torn in loyalties between the dad who is no longer mentally her dad and lover who

. Although, the dad who is not really her dad mentally started the whole war and doesn't feel any emotion for her. GREAT stuff there! At least in my opinion.

The other thing that bugs me is that TPTB refuse to back off from kissing collective fanbase ass instead of moving on, further alienating the average general fan who just wants to be taken away for an hour without feeling like they're at a tennis match or having to keep notes on the show to keep up with the ever-changing moods. MadMax is one example. The "so dead it's mummified" Ejamicus triangle is another. Marlena's ever-constant angst of not being able to change Jawn and always having to FIND herself is another. The "suddenly I'm in love" Dansea story is another.

Sigh...

Archived