June 2-6, 2008

Toups

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I applaud your bravery in stating you liked Ejami on this board :P

No seriouisly, I see your points and agree with most of what your saying. Sadly, Days is lame. Just lame.

Then you have OLTL, which until last week I watched sporadically if ever. This show is so hyped around here lately, and when I tuned in, I found myself drawn into the storylines, even though I honestly don't know the shows history that well. Dorian reminds me of Vivian Alamain a little, and the whole Buchanan company drama actually intrigued me. It's not as good as it was hyped IMHO, but maybe thats because I don't know the history. In any case it's better than any other show on at 1pm in my market right now. (my company just moved us back to AL :angry: )

I watched my old fall back ATWT, waiting for a reason to leave Days during Ejami sex, and honestly, the show is better than Days, but not good enough to make me stop watching the show. Before moving to Bama, I watched ATWT everyday. I love the show, and it's history. Long Live Douglas Marland! All the shows I love (Days, ATWT, and GL) stand on the brink.

Even though I don't know the history of OLTL, the references to the past, along with the use of established vets, lets me know I'm watching a show that honors it's past, without seeming desperate to do so. I may not watch longterm, but I'll flip the channel between Days and OLTL for a while (it's hard to choose between a show I've watched forever, and show that happens to be better).

I feel disloyal and guilty when I stop watching Days, but I'm getting bored, and the olympics are coming.

• Members

well Ryan, maybe it's more about bringing lucas back in the chosen form...and having Sami back to an blubbering idiot. Meaning two blubbering, shouting, red-faced idiots almost every single day - so much so that the show can NOT be watched without hearing one or both of them. Trust me when you try you're missing so much of the show that it seriously isn't worth even trying! :angry:

Add to that what Toups said about nothing to look forward to, etc. and I can't see why the ratings wouldn't be low.

JMHO of course.

• Members

Oh man. I just read the spoiler Soapsuds and Worldturner referenced and I'm gonna puke now.

LOL! For one thing, I could care less about seeing the Ejami hate on this board. I understand why people feel so strongly, but I just don't care anymore. I'm at a point in my life where soaps are .... just soaps. If they ended, I would feel sad but I've lost so much interest I can't even participate in the fanwars. LOL. My interests lie in anime, manga, etc. Maybe my soapwatching phase is done. Who knows, but now I read the posts and move on....Oooh....maybe it's indifference? Does any of this make sense?

Well, OLTL used to grab my attention when I was actually in the doctor's office. I just never really got into it at home. So, yeah...rarely I watched it. Now, I'm actually drawn to the show. Part of it is the positive feedback from the posters here and part of it comes from the show itself. I can't pinpoint it, but I like what I'm watching. I watch a tiny bit of AMC and it's alright. I thought I'd never say this, but I am starting to warm up to ABC shows now. I'm not crazy about them, but hey, it's entertainment.

Judging by the lack of feedback in the discussion threads, I KNOW I'm not missing anything. I wanted to go back to ATWT so many times, but it felt like a chore just as Days does now. ATWT is not the same anymore. It's empty. Days was good last year and I loved it during the "Saved by the Bell" years, but my tastes have changed. I haven't missed them one bit. I'm not going to put myself through unnecessary pain/stress. LOL. It's too bad because they really were excellent shows.

• Members

And that is what I think the problem with Days is. There is a moment here and there, but nothing else in the stories that really make me care. These events happen and there is not fallout from it. The last story I really sat and watched was Bo's illiness. Again had moments in it, but I never felt like there was any fallout to it. All it did was allow away for Chan to get together.

• Members

Is THAT why we're seeing I-tunes topping goth/dance stars on Y&R this week? Josh Griffith is to blame?

Total OT: In this week's SOW, the guy who used to play Ryan/Kevin on GH/PC says he now goes "drinking in Mexico" with LML. Maybe alcohol was her problem :-).

Archived