June 2-6, 2008

Toups

• Members

Why should OLTL get rise? Because of all the hystrionics that went on last week. Frankly, that's all I saw...just a whole lot of scenery chewing and over the top writing. I've stayed out of all those "Carlivati is love" threads, but honestly I just don't see the greatness. (Shielding myself from eggs and tomatoes being thrown at me!) Is it better than Higley's version? Definitely. I would agree that it's one of the better soaps at the present, but that's because most of the rest are just so bad by comparison. There's got to be someone else on this board who thinks that OLTL is NOT all that and a bag of chips! LOL!

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I hear ya, Loyal. I really do. And I don't think OLTL is perfect. But it is far and away the best thing on daytime now (not saying much), and I kinda just want to revel in it.

Once the other soaps catch up, I'll be happy to compare and contrast, and judge accordingly. But what I'm seeing on OLTL, while nowhere near flawless, is certainly more interesting than what I'm seeing anywhere else. And I just want to live it up now while I can. As we all know, you never know when the other shoe will drop.

• Members

Lol, no one will throw eggs and/or tomatoes at you....(I won't throw stones either) :D

I agree with brimike when he says the show is far from perfect (it's far from it). I think for so long many of us OLTL fans have been looking for something different...anything other than what was given to us under the last few years of Malone/Griffith and Higley. I've been fanwanking too much for RC.....it's become annoying.

There's a lot of people who agree with you too LoyaltoAMC about the show not being all that.

• Members

Honestly, I've been trying to see what everyone here's been raving about. I watched most of last week with an open mind, and it was just a lot of bad acting and bad writing, which characterizes most shows nowadays, I suppose. Everything just seemed kind of flat. I was a huge fan of the show in the 80s. Say what you want about Paul Rauch, but he and writer Peggy O'Shea (and to a lesser extent her successor S. Michael Schnessel) knew how to serve up a hell of an entertaining show that combined the richness of the show's history, unique characters, and some really far out, progressive plots. I know that Carlivati is trying to take the show back to the 80s, the last era in which the show had great success, but it's just all falling flat to me.

• Members

I think Dorian's BE takeover and the fallout with Nash was a good story, but everything felt poorly written and staged. I could see this really taking flight on Y&R which knows all about business stories and heavy emotional drama, but this just didn't work 100% for me. I still like Ron, but I've never found him this god some people do.

• Members

QUOTE (Chris B @ Jun 12 2008, 08:18 PM)
I think Dorian's BE takeover and the fallout with Nash was a good story, but everything felt poorly written and staged. I could see this really taking flight on Y&R which knows all about business stories and heavy emotional drama, but this just didn't work 100% for me. I still like Ron, but I've never found him this god some people do.

And the acting was nothing special.

• Members

QUOTE (Chris B @ Jun 12 2008, 02:18 PM)

I agree! I wouldn't say it was poorly written, but there were definately some holes in the BE takeover story. However, the fallout from the story as well as the fantastic acting (by most) has created more talk for any soap in a very long time. I am loving OLTL right now and think its likely that the ratings will go up this week. I'd be shocked if they don't.

Archived