Y&R: Sabrina's mom comes to Genoa City

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

ABC had no right to pressure Finola into backing out of the Y&R role. Finola is NOT under contract with ABC (long-term or short-term). She is recurring and has the right to take outside projects.

If Guza and Co. wrote Anna the way she is SUPPOSED to be written, maybe Finola wouldn't consider taking other roles. ABC looks very petty and childish in this situation. <_<

• Members

Wow, that's low and she wasn't even contractually obliged to ABC. Tons of soap actors have done multiple soap roles when they weren't under contract to one soap. I guess it's probably because Finola is such a big name in the industry, but this is just sad on ABC's part.

Plus, what are we going to see? Anna act more like a 3 year old [!@#$%^&*] on GH? I can't stand Guza's writing for Anna, he so doesn't understand the character.

• Members

While I see no problem with Finola doing the Y&R gig too, it's a business move. CBS would've done the same thing.

I don't think Finola's Style job was threatened. IIRC, Style Network is owned fully by Comcast, and is not a DIsney property.

• Members

CBS wouldn't have done the same thing. Days approached B&B about using Joseph Mascolo and they agreed to lend him to Days, and at the same time Days lent B&B Margo (Days clearly had the advantage).

• Members

Right, but there was a fair trade off -- both parties were reciprocated (although IIRC, didn't Joe Mascolo end up not appearing on DOOL after all? I know Lauren Koslow appeared on B&B).

Disney sold their stake of E! about two years ago.

• Members

I think ABC did nothing wrong this time. I mean, FH always returns to GH in the summer for a very limited stint. And she obviously has more time this year, so she should do GH during that time. GH took her every chance they got since 2006, so she should do GH and no other soap. If it would be prime time or a movie that would be a different story...

Archived