Y&R: Sabrina's mom comes to Genoa City

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh God no, couldn't they have found a better actress to play the role? I'm so tired of Finola Huges. And it pisses me off that Sabrina and Victor are probably going to get a big splashy wedding, while Nikki and David got squat. Sure I don't like the couple, but it's such a bias towards Eric Braeden's massive ego. <_<

I wish someone would cast the sensational Fiona Hutchison already!

• Members

Not anymore...

...execs at ABC and GH had a collective cow over Hughes's temporary defection and pressured the actress to drop out of the Y&R role.

ABC has now issued the following statement: "General Hospital always planned a big summer storyline revolving around the characters of Anna Devane and Robin Scorpio as the mother-daughter relationship continues to grow in the face of Robin becoming a mother for the first time. Upon learning Finola Hughes had booked a role in a short story arc on a competing daytime drama, General Hospital requested that she honor her commitment to our show, and she graciously obliged."

http://community.tvguide.com/blog-entry/TV...ughes/800040080

• Members

But she is an entertainment "property" they cultivate (including her Style stuff, right?...isn't that a Disney net?)...so they don't want her brand to bring glory to the competitor.

I don't agree, but I understand.

Archived