GL: Beth Ehlers Out!

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

So will she pull a Beverlee McKinsey?! :lol: I love Beth Ehlers if she doesn't return post-vacation. I want all the stars to leave GL. Harley has been ruined the past few years and it's impossible to watch her. I feel so bad for BE being stuck in a contract and forced to act out such trash.

Could someone remind me WHY Gina Tognoni renewed her contract? Is she insane?

• Members

Ya know....This is going to be a rather, ahem, controversial opinion, but my opinion of BE has dropped over the past several years. It is clear that she has been phoning it in since at least 2003, 2004. Harley has turned into a pathetic shrew and it is partly because of Beth's worsening portrayal. As much as I used to love the Gus/Harley pairing, it truly did them no favors. I was shocked when BE said that she couldn't imagine Harley without Gus. Just couldn't believe it because Harley had been a character for HOW LONG before Gus even came on board? Come on.

I think she needs a break from GL, perhaps soaps entirely.

• Members

I don't see Frons hiring her for AMC. She would overshadow his pets Alicia and Rebecca, who he wants to be the center of the show. Ehlers would challenge their status, I believe. If she decided to move west, I could definitely see her on Y&R. Maybe she could play Jill's niece Jennifer Foster that was being rumored to join the canvass a couple of years ago or a SORASed MacKenzie. God knows that the Chancellor family needs some more young blood to keep it going.

• Members

Well I am wondering who from Jake's life they can have her play...maybe his ex fiancee that he boinked right before breaking up with Mia? Although she would work well as Hayley.

Jake/Hayley would have always been an interesting couple. Good thinking Cheap! :)

• Members

I doubt she's going to ANY soap, the soaps have enough trouble writing stories for the vet actresses currently on their shows.

But you never know, maybe they're willing to push someone out to accommodate her.

• Members

Just further proof that EW is driving this once-great show into the ground. Why can't TPTB at CBS or P&G see that? Ugh.

I don't blame BE one bit. "Harley Davidson Cooper" is unrecognizable. I wonder if Pam Long ever watches this show and thinks to herself WTF have they done to my Harley?

It wouldn't surprise me one bit if the other "biggies" - KZ, JD, RN, MD - started walking too. Then EW/DK could build a whole new town around thier heroine Cassie HoLayne.

Archived