Ryan's Hope Discussion Thread

• Members

when RH was starting they had Ilene had to watch Robyn Milan on Where The Heart Is as a template for Dee. . Funny I thought Robyn's take on Dee was too campy and almost a spoof

Edited by John

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Thank you, robbwolff. I stand corrected. Per imdb and Wikipedia (not always the most reliable sources, I know), both Jada Rowland and Nancy Barrett were born in 1943 (JR on February 23, NB on October 5). Then, as we all know, JR joined the cast of The Doctors in 1976 and remained there until the show ended in 1982.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I didn't realize they were trying to bring it back as early as 2000/2001.

I recall that they were in 2007 -- after Soapnet had rewound back to the beginning for the 3rd time (on the Soapnet forum... some there were even hoping Rosie would buy all the1975-1989 episodes and put them on the air ...somewhere)

From People magazine, July 31, 2007, they had this blurb from Rosie's blog -

Also on Monday, after a correspondent asked if she watches old episode of Ryan's Hope on SOAPnet..com, O'Donnell responded with the news that she is in negotiations with one of the 1975-1989 show's writer/producers to make a phoenix out of the series. O'Donnell writes:

I am working

on bringing back

ryan's hope

in some way

now...

Edited by safe

• Members

Randall Edwards (Delia #3) was a prominent guest star on the next-to-last Newhart as a snooty rich society woman and truly held her own opposite the snobby Stephanie (Julia Duffy, who started out in soaps herself). What's also interesting is that the episode was written by Julia Duffy's real-life husband Jerry Lacy (of Dark Shadows and Love of Life fame). Ms. Edwards did a great job and the episode is a lot of fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGUq-IvN10o

Edited by amybrickwallace

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...