Ryan's Hope Discussion Thread

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

That Soapnet marathon was a wonderful way to celebrate the day.

While some original viewers say they recall that Maeve singing Danny Boy was a yearly tradition, Maeve didn't sing the song on the first St. Patrick's day episode in 1976. She also didn't sing it in 1979 (Helen was only in the last 5 seconds of that episode -- the show ended with Maeve entering the bar after just arriving home from her trip from Ireland), 1985, and 1986 (on the old Soapnet message board we were told Ryan's Hope didn't have special SPD episodes those two years and that was why Soapnet didn't have them to play in their holiday marathons in 2000-2002.)

In 2003, the SPD marathon was replaced with the airing of the first 5 episodes from 1975. That was the final special marathon of RH they ever had.

Edited by safe

• Members

There is a new Catherine Hicks (Faith #3) interview about her 1980 TV performance as Marilyn Monroe.

While others have asked Catherine about the role before (like Ty and Lisa did when she was on Soapnet's Soap Talk) it was great to hear someone interview her who had actually seen the movie recently and asks about certain scenes.

http://blog.tvstoreonline.com/2014/03/catherine-hicks-looks-back-at-her-emmy.html

As I mentioned some time ago, the former Cornell theater student that helped her when she first beginning her career was Jordan Clarke.

Edited by safe

• Members

It's just too bad that people like Sarah Felder, Karen Morris-Gowdy and John Blazo, to name a few, never really achieved fame outside of RH. No matter what people may have thought of the latter two in the roles of Faith and Pat, that they were miscast, it's a shame they never found roles that played to their strengths. Poor Sarah Felder was never seen onscreen at all after leaving RH. If I'm not mistaken, RH was the only soap all three of them ever appeared on - feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

• Members

Just wondering. I haven't seen post-1982 episodes since my spotty viewing during the show's original run (I was a kid in school then). SoapNet didn't air them and it'll be a long while before I get to them in my youtube re-viewing of the show (I don't want to watch later episodes out of context). I know Johnny kept his dislike of Jack more or less intact for years. He had some good reasons, particularly in the first few years, even if some of his reactions were rather extreme. At what point in the story did Johnny start to actually like Jack and treat him as a family member as opposed to just tolerating him?