90210: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Members

Yeah...he returned in the cliffhanger of last seasons finale and he's in a story where Silver wants him to be the father of her baby. Trevor Donovan's back for a "Multi-episode" arc.

Last seasons cliffhanger also had Dixon & some music producer guys driving down a road and getting slammed by a large truck. All of them died except for Dixon. They had a scene yesterday where bodies had to be identified. Silver looked in the last bag, started hysterically crying & then was like "It's not him" rolleyes.giflaugh.png

I'm going to watch for a few more episode to see if it'll get good but yeah I'd say it probably won't be worth it. LOL.

• Replies 844
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 months later...
  • Members

This show – like the Melrose reboot – never had the chance to unfold its full potential.

It just didn't have any direction. In combination with too many plot holes, repetitive storylines and character assassinations – there was hardly anyone one could root for, because these kids changed personalities on a weekly basis –, it was doomed from the beginning.

During the first three seasons, there were phases were the show was actually enjoyable (the second half of season 1, the middle episodes of season 2 and most of season 3), but the writers managed to mess everything up.

Getting rid of Ethan and Grandma Tabitha was a big mistake. So was the destruction of Adrianna/Gia, Teddy/Ian and Ivy/Raj. I would have also loved to see more of Ryan/Debbie/Jen. Instead we got stuck with boring main characters like Annie, Dixon and Navid.

The original 90210 surely wasn't masterpiece theatre, but it had direction, and it had characters that were likeable because we could understand their motivations and because they seemed to have a realistic background. When they had problems, it made sense and these problems were usually caused by external factors.

On the reboot, the problems usually arose due to the characters' own stupidity – and as a viewer I found that very frustrating because these people never learned from their previous mistakes.

I gave up watching during season 4 because I felt that none of the couples worked and that everything had happened before at least twice.

• Members

Not surprised at all but still a little sad. The show had a lot of potential but it never seemed to grab the larger audience it could have gotten had the storylines been more engaging/headline worthy.

Oh well time to say goodbye to Annie, Liam, Naiomi, Silver, and Dixon.

And yeah getting rid of Ethan was just stupid. Right when the storyline was getting hot they decided to just drop 1/3 of what could have been a great triangle driving season 2? Ridiculous....

As for Melrose Place i will forever be devastated that the CW never gave that show a second season. I loved everything about the new MP. And not just because it had Colin Egglesfield.....:)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived