ALL: Worst Holier Than Thou Characters

• Members

Just name the worst holier than thou characters of soaps. Here is my list

AMC

Ryan Lavery (self explanatory through the rants)

Isabella Santos (I hate her even more than bug eyes. I about threw something at the TV when Anita, who made it obvious she had problems with Bobby, wanted to talk to her. Mama thought she was pregnant? WHA?!?!?!?! Then telling her she could not get a divorce because it is the sanctity of marriage blah blah blah. Hey Isabella shut up and go shove a crucifix up your a$$ you old bag religious hypocrite! Ryan I do hate but my hate for Mama runs deep)

Dixie Cooney (I loved her but not when she got holier than thou throughout the Tad/Dixie/David/Leslie quad)

Hector Santos (so glad when he finally died. I hated when he got all sanctimonious with Bobby during the Brian Gaskill days)

Jonathan Lavery (just can't stand the smugness crap, acting like Ryan is perfect and a God, judgmental idiot, hypocrite to the nth degree)

Erin Lavery (she came down on Babe at Fusion, who hired her sorry butt. Gave anyone a lecture if they dared to criticize her egocentric, narcissistic hypocritial brothers)

***As you can see, the Laverys and Santos are common denominators here, representing 83% of the list. Either member of the family can do it all because we all know how perfect they all are ;)*** (But I still like Maria, Julia, and Mateo)

GH

Robin Scorpio (St. Robin needs to go fly back to Paris with her little miss perfect routine. I can only stomach so much of the "Hi my name is Robin and I am better than you" sh1t. Her telling Jason the truth about Michael was the final straw for me. One, it was none of her business while not being her secret to tell and, second, it shattered him. Ever since coming back in 2005, she is still the same ole judgmental shrew looking down on anyone who she sees as beneath her while preaching stupid crap)

Emily Quartermaine (The difference between her and Robin is one will eventually die while the other, Emily, is thankfully gone. Got so sick of her words of wisdom and making everything better with a sprinkle of her pixie dust. She, like Robin, looked down on others, preached nonstop, all self righteous and acted like a perfect little angel...well that is what she is now. Thank the lord for small miracles)

Sam McCall (The worst character in GH history, period...next to Claudia Zacchara. There is no rooting value, she always spouts off about crap she knows nothing about, and has her own self righteous pole stuck up her superhero behind)

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Interesting I find Carly more annoying than Robin and Emily. She is such a hyocrite and acts like she knows it all and the nerve to judge A.J. when she is the one who drugged him or put in a laundry cart or the way she judged Liz since when is she all for father rights pisses me off and the fact that Carly never paid for her crimes either.

• Members

Hey, don't forget AMC's Tad Martin. I just want a bolt of lightening to strike him down when he starts ranting about how evil Adam Chandler is. In the end, at least Adam Chandler never buried a man alive who consequently died. I remember after The fallout from Krystal and Tad's ONS that became Charlotte/Jenny, Adam was all alone at the Chandler mansion. And for whatever ridiculous reason, Tad, who loathed Adam more than life itself-- and thus had no business at the mansion-- would stop by constantly to gloat. That irked me to no end!

• Members

How anyone can leave Elizabeth Webber Spencer(GH) off this last is crazy. This woman thinks she's always right and better than anyone else and is such a hypocrite. I wouldn't put Emily on this list. She's a little like Elizabeth & Robin, but not nearly as bad as the two of them are or have been(Robin's mellowed a little lately). I also wouldn't put Sam on this list anymore, although I would have in the past. Sam's just a bitch and a whore imho.

I agree AMC's Ryan Lavery definitely deserves to be on this list. Tad Martin however absolutely does NOT.

ONE LIFE's Antonio Vega and John McBain, also at times deserve to be on this list.

• Members

GH:

Elizabeth Webber - This bitch stands up on a pedestal looking down on those she thinks are beneath her. Whats worse is she criticizes and calls people out on sh-t that she herself is guilty of but bc she's an angel, she always has an excuse and its okay for her. Can you say hypocrite? It doesnt help that nearly everyone she interacts with with the exception of about 3 women, she hates prop her up and look at her as some type of saint which she is not

AMC:

Bianca - She was horrible. She is the patron saint of Pine Valley, and she decides what is right and wrong. She is always getting involved in someone's business, judging them and throwing her 2 cents in when its not needed. It sucks that whenever the show brings her back, this is the role they give her

Sam is the last person Id call holier than thou. One who is that holds themself up to a high moral standard, thinking that their actions and words are good and critcizes, while passing judgement on those who are bad. That person is also looked at as a saint by either themself or others and as such, tends to act like one. Sam knows she's no good. She's no saint. She's a bitch from the wrong side of the tracks and she owns that. Theres no confusion on her part or anyone elses about the type of person she is. She doesnt front like she's morally superior to those around her

Carly isnt holier than thou for the same reasons I just listed for Sam. I hate her and think she's a hateful, selfish bitch, but holier than thou is the last thing Id use to describe her

• Members

Jack on B&B. OMG. All he can do while Brooke and Ridge are together is bitch about how Ridge "controls" her life. Then when he marries Brooke, he forbids her from working at Forrester, and engineers forcing them out of the company. Then, he hits a bump, and screws his EX-wife, who just happens to be Brooke's daughter, after having previously put Bridget through the wringer when they were married as he pined for Brooke, etc. etc. He is a pig.

Katie on ATWT. It was fine for her to chase a married man and destroy Jen's life, but Carly's the root of all evil for chasing Jack. Brad's scum for having no-strings sex. But it's perfectly fine it's with her and suits her purposes. I just loathe her.

• Members

AMC: Tad, Krystal, Babe, J.R.

OLTL: Antonio, Nora, Clint, Bo, pretty much all the Buchanan's

ATWT: All the Snyder's

GL: Reva, Cassie, Harley

GH: Robin, Carly(even though I still love her, she's a real hypocrite), Liz(still love her though), Sam(still love her though), Monica

DOOL: All the Brady men

Y&R: Sharon, Nikki, Brad, Gloria, Jill

• Members

I agree with this post. Here is my list of some of the worst holier than thou characters from soaps.

Tad Martin- He has to be one of the most hypocritical, holier than thou characters on soaps. I can't stand him. I hate how he is always talking about how evil Adam Chandler is, Tad tortured and buried a man alive. He's a murderer, and he really should not be acting like he is better than Adam or anyone else IMO.

Babe Chandler- This character is absolutely disgusting. The New Babe acts a lot more self-righteous than the old Babe did, and she comes off as very snotty to me. I can't stand how she is always judging JR and Adam considering all the horrible things that she has done. She's an idiot who rarely takes responsibilty for her actions and finds ways to make things other people's fault. I can't stand how JR is always groveling and apologizing to her when she treats him like garbage.

Annie Lavery- She is annoying and incredibly boring. She IMO, has the tendency to come of holier than thou sometimes.

Ryan Lavery- I like him but he acts holier than thou sometimes.

One Life To Live

Nora- IMO, Nora has become very annoying. She is always trying to bust Lindsay on something and is constantly blaming her for things. I know that her and Lindsay have had their share of problems with each other and Lindsay has done some bad things, but so has Nora.

General Hospital-

Lulu Spencer- She has to be one of the worst characters on soaps if not the worst. Lulu has so many faults and makes so many dumb decisions, yet almost always manages to blame others for her mistakes, and does not take responsibility for her actions. She is self-absorbed, obnoxious, hypocritcal and thinks that she is better than everyone else. She really only cares about herself, and her needs, everyone else be darned. She acts like she is holier than thou and has to be one of the dumbest characters(if not the dumbest character) on soaps.

Elizabeth Webber-Liz tries to act saintly in spite of the fact that she has made some pretty bad choices.

The Young and The Restless

Nikki Newman- Sometimes I like Nikki, but she does act holier than thou at times.

• Members

"Holier Than Thou" meaning characters on shows who act morally superior and judge other characters, but are nothing but hypocrites themselves because they've done similar things or even worse than the very characters they're looking down on and judging.

Like "Character A" looks down his nose at "Character B" for lying and cheating, even though Character A robbed and murdered five people just two months ago. And for some reason, that's okay because Character A is viewed as the "good" character.

• Members

DOOL: Marlena Evans - Will someone put St. Sanctimonious back in the secret room where she belongs? I will never be able to tolerate the way she treated Sami and Brady over her precious Belle.

Passions: Theresa - She rapes a man, lies, cheats and steals to get him, and yet aborting a child to save one of them goes against her precious Catholic beliefs? Give me a break.

GH: Elizabeth Webber - This girl can do no wrong...in her eyes.

Carly Corinthos - I've never seen such a bad girl think she's always right no matter what.

• Members

I totally agree...it's one of the reasons I've never liked the Eden Riegel version of this character. Other than the annoying voice...

That's the whole problem with "propping." Soaps try to obscure or make us forget the sh*tty things heroes/heroines have done, but, oh, we as fans know better. The clear lack of even-handedness with portrayals can make soap watching a frustrating experience, and I must say, out of all the soaps I watch, AMC has historically been the worst with this. Even when it was a better show. Back in the day, I found myself rooting for SMG's Kendall to effect as much destruction on Pine Valley as possible. That whole Wildwind crowd (Maria, Anton, Dimitri, Edmund, Julia, ERICA) made me sick with their self-righteous b.s.

Archived