Y&R: Week Of Feb 4-8 Discussion

• Members

Jana is back working at the Coffee House? WTF? And she's getting along with everyone as if things are fine? And Kevin is dating and in love with her? Again, WTF? Didnt she kill Carmen and then tried to murder Kevin and Colleen? How is she free walking about and people acting as if nothing happened?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Wish I had an answer to your questions... but I don't. Except to say that this is from the people who brought you:

-Pheila,

-Phyllis sharing a jail cell with psycho killah Jana,

-Asses to Asses,

-Victoria falling into a coma after being hit by a flying muffin.

Hopefully, Jana and FauxAustralianColleen follow LML out the door. I personally would like to see Adrianne Leon back. She and Greg Rikaart had an intriguing, very dysfunctional chem.

----------------------

And seriously what is with all the JackHate? I know he's no saint but seriously, it's like he's GC's very own Jeffrey Dahmer they way everybody bitches about him. When my fave Jill wished Gloria luck in her plan to chase Jack OUT OF HIS OWN HOME, my mouth just about hit the floor. Everybody is cheering that toxic woman on just so she can sock it to Jack? Why?

• Members

I watch sporadically but more lately than before. Didn't she get that new soap brain tumor that justifies murder and the like?

I don't get why they continue to have Jill cheer Gloria on each time she goes up against Jack. I know that she thinks Jack killed Ji Minh but I don't think she's got a lot of real love for Gloria so she should be neutral.

• Members

Have to admit that I kind of enjoyed Monday's show, mostly because of the move-in scenes. The sight gag of that monstronsity of a portrait was hysterical, and Jack and Sharon putting on a united front was great. The rest I thought was so-so. Heather is just boring and Vail Bloom doesn't have the acting chops to bring the character to life. I much rather the story focus on Paul and Maggie, but that's not going to happen. Tammy Lauren is an interesting actress, but they obviously don't want to write for her. The less said about Adrian and Colleen, the better. Poor Jess Walton! It seemed that Jill was in every scene yesterday. It was nice to see her not joined at the hip with Kay, but she was clearly supporting the other stories. Jess is too commanding a presence to be supporting, and she always winds up stealing her scenes, even when the writing is not from Jill's point of view. I found the Eric Braeden scenes odd and disjointed, for some reason.

• Members

I just love Peter Bergman and Eric Braeden snarking each other out on this show. :) Especially when it is obvious that Victor is sooooo jealous of the father-figure bond that Nicholas and Jack share. Adding additional layers to this new business venture SL between Jack/Nick/Phyllis/Sharon.

• Members

I agree because you just know Victor will try to bring Nick down (like he did on yesterday's show) for the simple fact that Nick is going into business with Jack. I'm glad this venture between the quad actually makes sense and isn't something that seems to be pulled out of the writers ass.

• Members

Really enjoyed today's show. Love seeing Elizabeth Hendrickson and her character seems really interesting. Loved that last scene with J.T and Victoria-find them to be so adorable together and I could use an adorable soap couple. LOL. Can't wait for their wedding! Phyllis mocking Gloria was funny. Enjoyed the Katherine and Amber scenes.

ETA:

I also laughed when Victoria said Nick wouldn't look good in a dress and his reponse was 'you didn't let me try it on! I would look hot' :lol:

• Members

Can I just say....it feels GREAT to be a Y&R fan again. This week is my first week back watching the show every day. There's just something about the show that's working for me, and after the tenure of the god awful LML, it's so good to see some good soap. It's not perfect (umm...hello...why is Heather taking up airtime?) but it's very enjoyable.

I love TeamBFF2008 in the form of Phick and Shack :D

• Members

In some weird way, I kind of understand the Phyllis/Sharon dynamic. They're by no means best friends, but they're slowly getting over their deep hatred of one another and learning to trust each other. Of course they also have Noah in the middle of all of this and they decided long ago that they would somehow have to put their differences aside just to make their extended family unit work. If anything, it shows gradual character/relationship progression between these two, had Latham been writing this, Sharon and Phyllis would still be overly snarky towards one another and showing just how much they haven't progressed. The two of them making fun of Gloria gives them something in common I guess, better GloHo than anyone else.

I remember the 2008 previews Scott Hamner and Latham gave where Jack and Sharon were supposed to have separated and Phyllis was to be the only one on Jack's side, putting a damper on her marriage to Nick. Griffith and Bell have totally thrown that generic storyline out of the window, thank God...

Gloria's downfall is slowly on the way, they're just spacing it out, its so obvious it will be happening this year. :lol:

I do think Latham wrote the Phyllis character into a wall though and never knew how to write for Stafford and Phyllis. She's lost so many character traits over the past two years, I don't know if the character can fully recover. I could totally tell Michelle hated a lot of the stuff Latham threw her way.

• Members

I totally agree. And you know what the scary thing is: LML actually likes Stafford from their days on 'Pacific Palisades'***

The last HW who 'got' Phyllis was Kay Alden. Phyllis has been watered down over the years, she needs her dysfunctional snarkyness back!

***Another of Stafford's co-stars on 'Pacific Palisades' was Joan Collins. Collins was said to despise the scripts LML wrote for her and insisted to Aaron Spelling that Peter Dunne be the one to write her dialog, a request that Spelling agreed to. The Collins/LML clash came as a result of Collins' friendships with Michele Lee and Donna Mills who both despised the LML years of KL.

• Members

Can I just say that I really liked Elizabeth Hendrickson as Chole today, when's the last time I ever said that about a new character on Y&R? She has a really funky style and sarcastic attitude, which makes her appealing to me. She's gonna be a bitchy character I'm going to enjoy, I can feel it. :lol:

• Members

The show is less dark that it was six months ago. It's easier to watch ...and enjoy. I don't come away from the show feeling like I need to take a dose of St. John's Wart in order to move on from the previous hour of television programing.

I would like to see some Phyllis snark come back. I love her and Nick together and I fear the writers are hesitant to toy with thier dynamic. But they were hot when they were fighting over Daniel a few years ago. Lovey dovey is good, but a few layers would be great.

Sharon and Jack actually have my attention. Lily and Cane, even with OK chemistry, do not. But I am willing to give them some time.

Archived