2008: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

In Hamner's case, it doesn't appear to be contractual that he be co-HW, since he was demoted to associate HW shortly after coming back post-strike, and then MAB brought him back to the co-HW position shortly after Sheffer came on board. So I can only guess that your first suggestion might be closer to it, and that MAB sees something in Hamner that she can use better with him in the elevated role. I don't know what exactly she sees, but I guess the proof will be in the product.

• Members

Some of us really liked early LML, when she was still working with Alden/Smith/Scott and others.

Maybe MAB has figured out that the GOOD parts of those early days were Hamner/Stanley? So, like a good manager, she believe she is keeping what worked and dumping the rest.

I don't really believe that...General Homicide sucked as much as Carmen Mesta...but I'm surmising.

• Members

Y&R people (oh, gawd, I'm doing the very thing I b!tch about -- turning the discussion BACK to Y&R yet again...), according to the archives, the super fantastic and awesomely clever script writer Amanda Beall (the bane of my AMC existence) has written 4 episodes.

Out of curiousity, what's the verdict?

Archived