2008: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

She's been doing very well. Thursday's episode was good. There were some funny lines and a great scene with Neil/Karen.

Like DaytimeFan already mentioned, most of her episode have been with the young crowd.

She started under McTavish's era, and yes, she's a friend of Ron's.

• Members

Michele is on vacation, I notice she typically does around 3 scripts early in October every year, so I guess this is her time off.

Guza would never let her go, she's the best scriptwriter on the GH team, IMO.

I really wish some other soap would steal her away and give her a HW job and pair her with a Co-HW who knows that particular soap.

Talk about talent being put to waste over at GH...

• Members

You also have to wonder about the script editor. That's a big factor too - whether or not an editor and a script-writer gel together. Amanda Beall and Jeff Beldner might not have been a good match writing-style-wise (nothing to do with personality), but maybe Amanda's style suits her new editor's style, and the edits work to her strengths instead of weaknesses?

I have no clue - just theorizing.

• Administrator

Anthony Morina was credited as Second Unit Remote Sequence director today for Y&R. I figured he would be the Producer of the Paris location shoot.

Also, in Friday's episode, it looks like the Sharon/Nick cafe scenes were shot with green (or blue) screen. It was very noticable.

And the Ashley scenes had a different filter - it wasn't crisp.

• Members

That's a good theory -- one that I share. Same thing with General Hospital. Elizabeth Korte, for all of her Mob Loving, Liz Hating, Jason Worshipping, is a good editor. The dialogue on that show is great. The story and plotting is another issue. She uses script writers' strengths.

• Members

I saw Nick and Sharon's scenes on Youtube, and you are right. (It makes sense that they did this, because street noise can really mess up these remotes).

Two clues that it was green screen...which I could pick out even from the dark little youtube: (a) lighting--esp. on Nick--was all wrong. DEFINITELY indoor lighting with a shine that didn't match anything else, and (B) some of those passers-by were AWFULLY close....no way would they have been that close in real life. That said, they seemed to do a pretty good job of synchronizing so that if a passerby was approaching behind Sharon, he/she was walking away behind Nick. So, it was GOOD green screen at some level.

Anyway, I love all shots of Paris that we're getting. Soaps have been so studio-locked and US-locked for so long....

Archived