Do you (or did you) watch telenovelas?

Sylph

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Wait. A telenovela with such a name does not exist. However, I was referring to Apuesta por un amor. I can't remember what that was about and whether I watched it even... :lol: That topic about Y&R's opening sequence reminded me about a nice opening shot of Patricia Manterola, when she first appears — that's a type of shot I'd like to be incorporated somewhere in daytime.

Sadly, I can't find the opening credits on YouTube!

Oh my God! :lol:

And P. S. It's not the shot when Patricia is riding a horse!

• Members

When I was a kid, during the war in Croatia, my mom and I had to move away from our home and live with my grandmother and great grandmother. Of course, they all watched all the telenovelas that aired here, so I watched it with them many times. Lazos de amor was great. I don't know if I would like it watching it now at this age, but I liked it back then when I was what... 10? lol

I also liked Marisol, which was such a pure garbage show, but it entertained me. lol

I think the last one that I watched was La Usurpadora. That aired on Bosnian TV (later it aired in Croatia).. That was around time I was starting high school, so I didn't watch telenovelas anymore. It was also the time when I was discovering US soaps more, so I was more into them then.

But I think their popularity has gone really down (at least here). I don't know anyone that watches them anymore (not even my grandmother, who watched them all in the past).

• Members

Yes, I had the feeling it would be that shot.

Even Mexican telenovelas have enough money to change their opening themes at least twice during their half-year run. It's a shame that the American soaps sometimes don't update the opening for years.

• Members

No wonder when they are all awful. And they always were.

One thing I never actually understood is the way these things are written. Usual there's a person who comes up with an original idea (idea original) and the SWs (version libre y libreto), but sometimes there are other people doing the adaptacion, edicion literaria, apoyo literario and a person with a title asesoria literaria. :mellow:

I also went on to search for the opening of that terrible Inocente De Ti, when the character of Nuria appears behind Helena Rojo... But now I don't like it...

• Members

In Germany, we had all those Mexican and Brazilian telenovelas in the 80s and early 90s. They are currently shown on a pay-tv station alongside other classic soap operas.

The last foreign two telenovelas that were broadcasted here were "Salomé" and "Rubí".

In late 2004, the first German telenovela went on the air: "Bianca - Wege zum Glück (Bianca - Path to Happiness)" on ZDF. It ran for a year and because of its huge success, several other telenovelas followed, most importantly "Verliebt in Berlin" on Sat1 (same concept as "Ugly Betty") which ran from 2005 to 2007. "Bianca" was followed by "Julia - Wege zum Glück" and after Julia had left the show, the show's title was changed to "Wege zum Glück". It's still on the air as of now, but it will end its run early next year. Another huge success is "Sturm der Liebe (Storm of Love)" on ARD which was also launched in 2005. It's currently in its third cycle, each cycle having different main characters.

Currently, there are four telenovelas on the air: Besides "Sturm der Liebe" (weekdays at 3 p.m. on ARD) and "Wege zum Glück" (4 p.m. on ZDF), there's "Rote Rosen (Red Roses)" (2 p.m. on ARD) and "Anna und die Liebe (Anna and the Love)" (7 p.m. on Sat1) which was launched only two weeks ago.

"Alles was zählt" on RTL was supposed to be a telenovela as well but then the network decided to change it into a soap opera. Because at that time the scripts were already finished, the first 40 episodes were very telenovela-like.

• 1 month later...

Archived