Do you (or did you) watch telenovelas?

Sylph

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've recently learned that there is a way to watch all episodes of La Usurpadora and La Mentira, and now I can't decide which I should watch first. I LOVED each of these shows and it has been years since I've watched a telenovela (7 years to be exact), but to go back into the past would be great for this viewer, just because those old telenovelas had something in them that neither telenovela has these days.

Add: Also, it seems Vivo Por Elena is available too, I might just do that one...

It really was. I remember it being one of the very rare scenes in my life when I've actually cried while watching a telenovela. It was too heartbreaking after everything they've gone through. When they did a re-run a few years later on a different TV station I still cried to the same scene... there was so much power in that scene that I just couldn't control myself.

• Members

Thanks! I don't believe I've ever seen the final few episodes. Well, my rewatching will take care of that, even though I don't understand half the things they say tongue.gif But, yes, their love was so tangible, so real... it was really sad that they never were together. ESMERALDA seems to have that... it was very strong emotionally (just like LA USURPADORA often was). It wasn't very silly, despite all the soap antics, and there was some very stellar writing--long scenes with people just talking, moody music... I have a newfound appreciation for it.

LU and LM--two of my favorite novelas ever! (LU is probably the favorite). Are they in Spanish, dubbed, subtitled? You're just gonna have to PM me laugh.gifwink.gif

• Members

Yes! :lol: Such a fabulous villainess and a great obstacle for Graciela and Adrian. I still remember after all these years Fatima standing by the Penarreal pool and calling poor, blind Esmeralda towards her. But, oops, no, not that way! And SPLASH, Esmeralda falls into the pool and she naturally doesn't know how to swim and Fatima is pretending she's so shocked that Esmeralda fell in, why she tried her best to lead her! And the way she controlled and completely domineered her daughter's life. Just fabulous stuff!

• Members

Yeah, Zapata was amazing in that role.

The main actress in LM was too hot for words. The novela was very strong during most of its run. Meanwhile, LU was another amazing soap which had quite a big following my country.

Looks like I'll be watching La Usurpadora and Vivo Por Elena for the time being.

Yep, new telenovelas from that studio mostly suck. I find it a big mistake that they're changed their cameras to a more "real approach" and even cut out some of the amazing music their soaps used to have.

• Members

"Cuidado con el Angel" is/was really bad. I've never seen such an awful Mexican telenovela in my life (well, maybe El amor no tiene precio can go in the same category).

I tried to watch La Usurpadora again, but it's dumb and unwatchable too. On the other hand, La Mentira is still great. One of the finest Mexican telenovelas ever (along with Piel de Otono, Amar otra vez and Lazos de Amor). Did someone watch Lazos de Amor with the awesome Lucero?

• Members

I only watch "Cama de gato" and "Viver a vida". "Cama" is OK, nothing special. The female protagonist is great, the main villain too. The male protagonist, Marcos Palmeira sucks. He probably went to the same acting school as Ron Moss :lol:

"Viver a Vida" is wonderful just like the others novelas of Manoel Carlos.

I didn't watch "Tempos" for now, but the ratings and reviews are terrible, so I don't know if I will watch it.

• 1 month later...

Archived