Do you (or did you) watch telenovelas?

Sylph

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah. I thought of Rubí too. The opening has some really, really similar shots.

I'll try to dig up a synopsis to see what it's about.

As for DB, I'm kind of put off by Edith González starring in it. unsure.gif How did she become a star?!

• Members

I'm not watching Doña Bárbara either, but it really has become quite popular in Croatia. Actually, only last year NOVA TV started airing telenovelas again in the afternoon timeslot, and the first soaps - Mañana Es Para Siempre and Sortilegio were a success, so the television is milking it out whatever way they can.

The little that I've seen of Edith playing Bárbara was actually good, and for the first time ever Génesis Rodríguez seems decent.

• Members

Exactly. I noticed the difference myself a few weeks ago - between Lucero from MEPS and Leticia Calderon from ENDA. Lucero's character was just amazing (IMO), a villain with a somewhat soft side, while this character that Leticia plays (which I haven't seen since I'm not that interested in this show) is just too cartoonish (according to a lot of stories that I heard).

• Members

Yup, she's a riot.

I am still surprised that a lot of telenovelas are currently airing in Croatia, after a long break by Nova TV and RTL.

Currently, we have:

Days ouf our lives (not a telenovela, but it's a soap LOL)

En nombre del amor

Dona Barbara

Mar de amor

Los Victorinos

Bella calamidades

Donde esta Elisa

Archived