Top Posters In This Topic

• Soapsuds

• Faulkner

• DramatistDreamer

• ChitHappens

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I've said the same Re: Roger -  I think it's why he played the French last year and I think he wanted to stay in for 1 more Olympics and 1 more Wimbledon.

Kenin has really progressed and not many people talked about her. It's been the Coco/McNally/Anisimova story...

I don't think Keys is ever going to win anything.  There are just too many good players now and scrappers and I watch her play and I've always said that you can tell Lindsay coached her...she plays just like her.  I'm also wondering if Serena is done, and I really think Venus is only playing to stay on tour with Serena.  And I think the Olympics team will name both, but Venus for doubles only.  I don't know how many players they get to name. Sloane has almost disappeared...I didn't even hear about her at the Australian - did she go or was she out in an early round?

• Members

Serena was not on my list to win this tournament this year, so the vainglorious boasts won't upset me. Calling her a cow seems a bit on the misogynoir-ish side though.

As I said before, I slept very soundly throughout this tournament.  I don't see what other people have to get upset about. *shrugs*.  If the interest isn't there, it just isn't. No amount of perceived boasts or insults will make it so.

ESPN persists in trying to sell that 3rd rate ESPN+ service. That's a "no" from me.

• Members

Federer should have been out in at least two of the matches  he played one against Millman, the other against the American (sorry forgot his name). In both of those games IMHO I think his opponent lost the match rather than Federer winning it.

looks like I never posted this lol

Now do you have Uber Eats in the US, and did you see any of the Uber Eats ads during the Aust Open.

• Members

I don't know what that is, but if it's restaurant/food delivery, in the US we have GrubHub and Doordash and other services.  I use them all the time.  I didn't see Uber Eats commercials during the Australian Open, but I've not seen Doordash or GrubHub commercials here either.  We also have InstaCart who delivers from local grocery stores...I have a Wegmans near me that is crazy to go into...it's a wonderful grocery store that has a deli, pastry kitchen, sushi bar, and hot bar with prepared foods...full butcher and seafood, specialty cheeses, olive bar with dolmas and mozzerella/tomatos, full service grocery store and even some small appliances.  I use InstaCart whenever I'm lazy.