Toups

The Tennis Thread

Zverev pledges $10k for each AO win and his entire check should he win the tourney.  Sounds like a man who knows damn well he won't be winning and needs to improve his brand after the recent tantrums.  

2 hours ago, ChitHappens said:

Add SugarPimp to the list of folks who need to retire.

She's been such a non-factor for so long.  At least she won some stuff once unlike Anna Hornikova who was absolutely never anything.  She never even won a 2nd tier event I don't think.  But Share-your-Pova needs to go.   

Edited by Fevuh

Finally got my ticket to the tennis today (Rod Laver for Sunday). Would usually have this week off and have a three day ground pass.

Not sure if there will be any play on the outside courts today as there has been steady rain and it doesn't look like letting up for a few more hours. Just hoping that it is also raining where it is needed.

Can't tell Coco or Wang jack about revenge...just ask Naomi and Serena!  Coco's game has grown leaps and bounds.  Lots of work in the off season. She's looking really good!  

Fed fought hard for that win, but it may be his undoing.  Millman should go home and cry for a month after he gives the Aussies the finger!  

1 hour ago, ChitHappens said:

Can't tell Coco or Wang jack about revenge...just ask Naomi and Serena!  Coco's game has grown leaps and bounds.  Lots of work in the off season. She's looking really good!  

Fed fought hard for that win, but it may be his undoing.  Millman should go home and cry for a month after he gives the Aussies the finger!  

And that Raonic beatdown of Tsitsipas... 👀 

1 minute ago, Faulkner said:

And that Raonic beatdown of Tsitsipas... 👀 

Yes!  In straights!  I NEVER expected that.  But that little sh!t deserves a loss!

I hope Ashleigh Barty can give the Australian audience something to cheer about after the horrible fires. They haven't had a home player win in either Men's singles or Women's singles since Chris O'Neil in 1978!

1 hour ago, I Am A Swede said:

I hope Ashleigh Barty can give the Australian audience something to cheer about after the horrible fires. They haven't had a home player win in either Men's singles or Women's singles since Chris O'Neil in 1978!

I am hoping to get to see her play on Sunday.  Surely with it being Australia Day she will playing Rod Laver during the day. 

I did a double take on that, and then saw Jose Morgado posted this.

Meanwhile, all hell broke loose in the Jamie Murray/Bethanie Mattek-Sands vs. Marcelo Melo/Barbora Strycova mixed doubles match. 

Look at Ons Jabeur racking up quality wins: