• Faulkner

• DramatistDreamer

• ChitHappens

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Kvitová beats Barty

Please register in order to view this content

Monfils once again plays too much tennis and can't close joker and is now injured...same thing happened last year. Did his team not tell him not to overplay? 

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

An out of shape I don't give 2 sh!ts sloppy Sloane Stevens is Kamau Murray's karma for his crappy treatment of Monica Puig, Taylor Townsend and others!!!!!

She lost to Laylah Fernandez, an up and coming teen who has no serious weapons that I can see.  

• Members

Says the tournament that could barely contain a spread of gastrointestinal viruses a few years ago. Hand sanitizer is better than nothing, I guess.  There is no substitute for actually using soap and water and washing your hands and wrists for 20 seconds minimum though. I just don't trust most people to do this.  I don't want to rain on anybody's parade though.

The mixed messages-- I'd expect no less of tennis organizations.  At the same time, the message is clear, your health is your responsibility.

• Members

People can transmit viral infections without even getting sick. That's the thing that no on seems to want to discuss. Some people are carriers but never exhibit symptoms.  If you are close enough to be able to smell someone's breath that you can tell what they had for lunch, you are close enough to ingest this particular viral strain. And most health professionals seem to agree that masks don't really help, unless you already have a cold/are sick, in which case, you should not be near others.  

Still, it's not true that only "sick" people can transmit a virus. 

One thing at least, is that LAX, according to their mayor, is disinfecting the facilities every hour on the hour. IW should definitely be doing this with the restrooms and food courts and between the day and evening sessions.  It's the least the tournament can do. 

Edited by DramatistDreamer