Top Posters In This Topic

• Soapsuds

• Faulkner

• DramatistDreamer

• ChitHappens

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I've been pretty much watching tennis via streaming over the last few years and so far, since this season began, I've been f*cked as a tennis fan. I don't know why the sport fails to get its act together when it comes to broadcast and streaming rights.

@Soapsuds I thought you'd get a kick out of this illustration that includes Grigor, done by a wonderfully talented artist.

• Members

@DramatistDreamer  Kei is spot on but not Grigor.  I am so happy at how great Grigor is playing. I was so disappointed that I didn't get to see his match against my other guy Thiem which was a nice three setter. I was so excited that Grigor beat awful Milos late last night...teehee....enjoyed the match!  I think Grigor has a good chance at winning late tonight aganst Kei.

• Members

There was no way I was getting up at 4am to watch but congratulations to Grisha for winning Brisbane. I read that it's been three years, so that must have been an emotional win.  I read that Kei's hip gave way...no surprises there.

Anyhoo, the first interesting result of the year--I'm not paying much attention to Novak vs. Andy part 6 thousand.

• Members

Sloane Stephens withdraws from Brisbane and The Australian Open. Honestly, last month somebody had to remind me that Stephens hadn't played since August because I simply lost track of her. Knowing that, plus this latest news regarding her foot-- is 'concerning', to say the least.

• Members

Honestly, I think it's much more than that.

Why would she fly 16+ hours from Florida to Sydney, only to withdraw?

I know that Sloane always came off as unbothered to the point of appearing indifferent but I think this is different, given that she flew all the way to Australia and tried to practice. She probably felt alright during practices but discovered that her foot couldn't get through a full match. Match conditions are much different than practice and Sydney Australia is not Coral Springs, Florida. 

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

Maybe she was in the mood when she decided to travel that far?....LOL   I mean Paul Annacone (her ex coach) pretty much dogged her on the attitude she has on TC.  Even with her play on court you can tell she isn't into it. She could never play again and I wouldn't miss her or even notice she was gone.

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

I'm far from one of her biggest fans, but even I saw the progress she made with Kamau Murray.

With Annacone, Sloane didn't win anything, with Murray, she won four tournaments- he's no nonsense and let her know from the very beginning.

I read that she had the foot injury from the time of the French Open and played until the Olympics, which was a bad decision.

Yes, I didn't like her attitude at times, and she got a big head after she "beat" a clearly hobbled Serena but I thought she bought into some of the media hype that blinded her to the fact that a few of her biggest wins were either to hobbled or past prime players- but I did see some progress and some positive changes under Kamau Murray's tutelage.  

Unless she gives me a reason to dislike her again, I'm going to put that past attitude and remarks under youthful indiscretion.

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion but I've decided not to hate her because of some mistakes she made when she was barely out of her teens.

Now if she shows a similar attitude now...that'd be a different story.