The Tennis Thread

• Members

@Soapsuds I guess now that the USTA development program no longer cuts him a check, now Patrick is speaking freely.

Please register in order to view this content

I thought the Novak cheating rumors were all just talk until I saw the photos. It was possible that he was just giving her a ride home but... 

Someone teased that Novak's head is the same width as his neck. Kind of mean but I caught myself really scrutinizing his features after that.  In the back of my mind I had this crazy theory that he started to act out when he found out that Ana was getting married. I still think he carried a torch for her while she only saw him as a "brother". 

Ever heard of a player named Jennifer Brady? She was so close to closing out a match to some Russian and played two poor points to lose the 2nd set. She had quite the meltdown in response. I admit, I'm intrigued. What is it with American tennis players named Jennifer having meltdowns?

I think you're probably right, John and Jack will probably play a long 2nd set, only to end up going to a 3rd.

Now Johnson smashed his racquet.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Soapsuds

• Faulkner

• DramatistDreamer

• ChitHappens

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

@DramatistDreamer And they just went 3......LOL

Patrick got paid for doing nothing. He is another boob of a player who has no business coaching others or broadcasting matches.

Now Ana is too good for him....LOL.  I am sure Ana first hand knows what a jerk of a brother he can be....LOL....thus no interested in a romantic deal with him. I am sure her more than anyone knows his faults and wouldn't come close to dating him...LOL.  I saw Ana's husband and the guy is hot!  Joker is nowhere near in his league in the looks department. I've always said that Novak looks like a chi pet with that hair and head of his....LOL.

Never heard of Brady.....will have to check her game out.

• Members

Brady actually had 3 MPs to win in straight sets. No wonder she was smashing her racquet. Those must've been some serious nerves!

I don't think Ana ever gave Djoker a second thought, they grew up together and when they played the Hopman Cup together years ago, he seemed enchanted in the doubles and she just looked like she was having fun with a buddy.

• Members

Oooh, argh...Francoise Abanda vs. Taylor Townsend. I like them both!  If it goes to a third set, I kind of give the edge to Frankie, although she had some 'yips' with her serve last season.

ETA. Taylor just broke Frankie, so it looks as if Frankie's service is still a bit suspect (which is going to be a disadvantage with Taylor's good court positioning). It's to Taytay's advantage to consolidate the break and try to get this set in the bag quickly, if she can. I have a feeling with this Australian heat, it's better to win in straight sets.

Edited by DramatistDreamer