The Tennis Thread

• Members

Do you even know the story? Do you even read?

Unfortunately the door was unlocked and the building, which apparently has less security than my apartment building (I've seen pictures of her building and it doesn't look secure), had someone who unfortunately let the intruder into the building because the intruder was posing as a gas man.

Petra and everyone in that building probably felt safe because there were no prior incidents but have learned the very hard way that they must now be less trusting and more suspicious even of someone who poses as a utilities employee.

Anyway, for those who truly care about Petra,

The operation lasted nearly 4 hours (3 hours, 45 minutes) and doctors had to suture the tendons on all of the fingers of the left hand (her dominant hand) and two nerves (which is tricky for anyone who relies on 'feel of the ball').  She faces months of rehab.

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Soapsuds

• Faulkner

• DramatistDreamer

• ChitHappens

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Folks talking about kvitova will pick up a racket in February. Either they are talking about the right hand or 2018 because I can't imagine anyone advising her to practice after 2 months!

Rafa need to get Andre on the phone and ask him about coping with with a completely shaved head before 30. Just do it Rafa because you can't walk around looking like that!   

• Members

Either folks are talking about '18 or people are truly nuts @ChitHappens  Last I read, she cannot even put weight on it for at least three months.  Six months is a very optimistic prognosis, IMO. We're talking about tendons and nerves-- so tricky to heal and tennis players, even ball-bashers need "feel" for the ball for drop shots and delicate volleys at net.

I can't remember the last person (if ever) that I've seen win Wimbledon without those two shots alone. 

Petra's in positive spirits and that's a good thing but folks shouldn't go overboard, these things take time and returning too early can potentially do far more harm than good.

At least Agassi had his brother who was also bald and wearing toupees and decided to shave his head after Andre did. Since male pattern baldness generally runs on the mother's side, imagine, he has to look at his father, his uncle Toni and other uncles on his father's side who all have lustrous, thick heads of hair!

Yeah, but he needs to make a decision-either shave it all off or hair transplant.