Days:Favorites Return to Salem

• Members

Days of our Lives Favorites Return to Salem!

Greetings, suds fans! I just finished spending a day on jury duty. Ah, the joys of civic duty. Luckily, I didn't get assigned to a trial, so it's back to blogging away right here. Time for some soap dish from NBC's Days of our Lives.

• Frances Reid — aka Grandma Alice Horton — returns to your TV screens this week after a long absence that had her fans worried. Watch for the beloved 93-year-old soap veteran at Bo and Hope's Fourth of July barbeque. Here's a lil' sneak peek photo of Alice and Maggie (Suzanne Rogers) celebrating the holiday Horton style.

• Also on July 4, daytime newcomer Denise Boutte joins Days as Jett Carver's sexy fiancée, Danielle.

• Alison Sweeney (Sami) and James Scott (EJ) have taken on dual roles. Look for them to start playing Colleen Brady and Santo DiMera on Monday, July 9. This ought to please all of you "EJami" fans who have been mailing me postcards in support of an Sweeney-Scott coupling for months!

• FYI, Thaao Penghlis (Tony DiMera) is also back to playing dual roles. Look for Tony's troublesome look-alike cousin, Andre, to resurface in Salem on July 17. Wow! That sure brings back memories, doesn't it?

TVGuide.com

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This is a misleading title..But i'm so excited to see Alice again..We really have to cherish these episodes with her..As they could be her last...And the Andre reveal should be exciting, i'm guessing that will tie into Bart's exit/death....The flashbacks should be good, i enjoyed when they did the Steve/Kayla (civil war couple flashbacks)...

• Members

Frances will be 93 in December. She's 92 for now. All the magazines covered her 90th birthday party at the Days studio in December 2004, but many people (including TV Guide's article) still think she was born in 1913, but she was born in 1914.

• Members

Oh I am SO happy about Frances! I already knew about it, but still I am so happy to know we'll be seeing her again! So, is this just a temporary thing or is she back on contract? I'm hoping for the latter.

As for Andre, I am hoping...although I could be wrong....that Andre's return would not be that he's who we think is Tony, and there may be another story twist as he's returned, somehow not dying, plotting to take over Tony's life once more. Wouldn't it be great if he and EJ teamed up to get Tony out of the way? It would keep EJ on the bad side, a little, and stall his redemption. Oh, I would LOVE it! But this is probably just wishful thinking on my part, unfortunately.

• Members

She was never off contract, daysfan. I think it was a combination of she just couldn't work for some reason and they didn't use her. No one really knows for sure but she was never really off the show. She just hadn't appeared in awhile. I am just so happy to have her back.

Great to see you posting again too :)

Archived