April 9-13, 2007

Toups

• Members

Way to go GL! Too bad for Days, the show is steadily losing its core audience, not good news. It's gonna take a lot of changes to have the show rise into the top 5 again.

The writing on Days is good, but I'm tired of excuses why it's not doing better. You'd think it would be where AMC, OLTL, and ATWT are, yet its lower ranked than all those shows.

Glad to see Y&R rise, last week was a one of the best weeks the show has had in a while.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

From the sound of the spoilers it doesn't seem like there will be any changes. We can blame Kevin Reilly but the show itself has not improved at all and that HAS to be part of the problem.

DAYS has made quick changes before, it should have realized that these changes are needed NOW not in May, or rather, most likely June.

• Members

Hmm. This material was taped in mid-March and the scripts were likely written around early Feb, before the ratings took a serious hit. If there have been re-writes, one would expect them to take effect in May. Like you say, though, the spoilers don't sound like dramatic changes are in store. :(

• Members

ITA, Dawn. I don't think the stories are so bad as to have the ratings drop this much in a matter of months. While viewers may not be privy to what he said, the affiliates sure know about it. Days has already been flip-flopped with Passions by some affiliates. After Another World's cancellation was announced, there was a heavy bleeding of the ratings for the show. KR just started the bleeding early for Days...or maybe he thinks he can kill it to free up that last daytime drama hour on NBC this summer.

Loretta

• Members

Well this doesn't surprise me at all... because, no matter what some people say (how things have been better lately), to me things are NOT better on DAYS.. it's the same... and like I said weeks ago, nothing will help DAYS at this point... no change in May or whenever can bring back DAYS so many fans back... this is truly sad... DAYS used to be a TV icon, but now it's ruined and the end is soooo near... I'm not gonna blame Corday or Sheffer or NBC, because I don't really care who's to blame anymore... it doesn't matter to me now... my show was killed and I don't think anything can bring it back... :(

• Members

Yep, OLTL is not doing anything right at this moment. There is no mix of stories or characters and every couple and character is just written horribly. And I'm a fan of the couple who has been on (and poorly written I might add) every day for two weeks now. It's a bad idea for any character or couple to be on this much. And really, if this is what Higley is doing with couples now is her idea of romance, I for one can do without it.

Archived