April 9-13, 2007

Toups

• Members

Wow. I echo everyone today: DAYS is finished.

And from a business standpoint, Frons and anyone else would be stupid to acquire same-day DAYS. From a personal standpoint, I hate seeing the show that made me start watching soaps go down like this.

Have affiliates dropped DAYS from their afternoon lineup?! It just seems like this is all happening so fast, to go from middle of the pack to next to last in the ratings.

I fear what the affiliates will do to DAYS when PASSIONS is cancelled.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think they are discussing either who they are going to have to let go since they kept TSJ and who they need to let go to get REG back. (Names like Kathy Brier, HBS, Nathanial Marston are ones I suspect are being tossed about.)

Wonder if they are discussing how to alter one of their sweeps storylines? May Sweeps does not bode well for OLTL.

It may go up slightly nex week with the Jess/Antonio show. The storyline has better ' curb appeal', but the inside is just as much trash.

• Members

I don't think the Jess/Antonio/Nash story is going to bring up ratings. They didn't with the DID story and their story has been the feature for at least two weeks now and the ratings are going down. They alone are not responsible for that as the show gets no help from any other story.

As to TSJ and REG, the show better think about their part in these numbers. Again they are are part of a large group that isn't bringing it for the show.

The show would be better served to start getting rid of what doesn't work which is just about everything and bringing back things that did, like an ensamble cast with a focus on the show's foundation.

• Members

Wow.....I feel so bad for Days. Hopefully this will light a flame underneath their asses to kick it into high gear.

Go GL, Go GL!!! Oh good lord, but this could only mean that Kriezman will have a even more of a death grip on that head writer position. I wish they would just promote Swajeski to HW.

• Members

This thread is depressing. So they dropped to 2.0? Did anyone really think it was going to be any better until big things happen?

Whatever...these threads are getting too depressing. It's almost like a death march in here. Yes, the show has issues but it's not the crap that some people are making it out to be. And yes I beleive Kevil Reilly started this crap. I don't care how bad some think Days is...no ratings bleed like this can be attributed to just the lack of balance and pace. It happened just way too fast.

The other shows are doing just as bad and I fear for all of them too. I think there is still hope but until I see some positive numbers I am staying out of this htread...and that goes for all soaps. I don't want to deal with a doom and gloom post in nearly every post.

• Members

DAYS...WOW! That is just...AWFUL! I know I stopped watching live because it's become so repetative. I mean almost daily, EJ is taunting Sami about one this or the other and Kate and Lucas argue over the same thing everyday, which is him marrying Sami. Shawn and Belle on that island arguing about Gabby. It's like wash, rinse and repeat! This WILL NOT bring up the ratings. No one wants to tune in day after day to hear the same dialog.

And where is Bo and Hope and John and Marlena? I'm not even a J&M fan but they should be on. What's the purpose of John being in a coma for months? The actor isn't going through contract negotiations, so they're paying him to do NOTHING! And why is Steve still in the psych ward? He's not crazy, someone played with his MIND! It makes no sense and until it does, DAYS will continue to suffer these low ratings.

• Members

I don't know why some are so shocked at the DAYS rating. It's been getting 2.0 daily ratings for a while now so this HH number was inevitable. Until TPTB actually DO SOMETHING to reverse the decline, the bleeding will continue.

• Members

Even more disturbing, thev vets were on last week. Sure, Marlena and Hope were on only two days but Bo was on 3 and usually those episodes get bigger bumps. I know non-internet fans don't know when people are on but I still expected better dailies on those days. Last week was pretty good except Friday, which was terrible. I am hoping the Sami/EJ stuff actually leads to better numbers in the weeks to come. I know this week may not do well but next week and the weeks after I hope for improvement.

NBC and Days are doing to have to do alot of promotion this summer. Summer is the perfect time to get viewers, especially in the young demos. This is Days time. If they fail, then it's done as much as it pains me to say it. This is one time where they need mag covers. I also am hopeful the LUMI wedding will help out the ratings too. If Days has a good sweeps, that would definitely help out.

• Members

Days deserves these ratings..Hogan and Corday made some serious mistakes over the past few months...and the show has been on a standstill..I can't even remember a single thing that happened last week, except for a few good scenes of Celeste and Sami plotting to kill EJ...the show sucks right now, and needs to be revamped pronto...

Archived