April 9-13, 2007

Toups

• Members

I'll just say this. I LOVE DAYS! I love the acting, I love the writing and I personally think the show is picking up steam (today's show is excellent) and even if the ratings aren't reflecting the quality of the show, even if they continue to drop after PASS is over, I'm going to continue to watch and hope that another network steps up and makes the announcement that they are taking DAYS in.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

When DAYS does change its course of stories in May/early June, they better promote the hell out of it and stay true to its promises. Because right now, there is no reason to watch. I'm not surprised by DAYS' numbers. I'm not saying this because I think it's "cool to diss DAYS" or whatever lame reason people make up for why people gripe about DAYS, the fact is there is no pull; no reason to tune in right now. I do think though that with the right direction and some promotion, they can put an end to this audience erosion and bring some viewers back.

• Members

I think NBC has done a good job getting fans involved in Sami's upcoming wedding by having them vote online for the gifts...This wedding has the potential to be a big turnaround for Days...NBC had better promote this wedding like crazy, to get fans to tune in...

• Members

Whoa...those DAYS numbers really aren't good. Ok, for me, DAYS is still the show that I watch everyday (or other day depending on how busy i get) and I will most likely watch it until the last episode(whenever that may be). With that said, I can admit these ratings were inevitable because technically, despite better dialogue & characters, the show is boring as hell. Not only that, but theres all these new people running around, so it just looks like a different show. IMO, Sheffer and Corday made really bad choices these past couple of months. It shows and they're paying for it. It's probably gonna take two demonic possessions to bring those numbers back up. Second thought...maybe not :P

• Members

Phoenix, I know it is depressing. It is almost a sure sign of what is to come.

But, it didn't happen fast. DAYS ratings have been progressively dropping since the end of January. It is now April almost 3 months later. Their issues have been long going on. In February people were saying "it is early now", "transitions" are still occuring. It is now mid-April and many people are complaining about the same thing. The show never took any effort to fix what was wrong with it. February was bad, fine. Fix March. Fix April. May doesn't sound much better either.

People don't want to see Marlena and Hope popping in and out (especially the case for the latter), especially when Marlena has become isolated to this dumb Steve storyline and not HER family.

Fans are not as fickle as people make them out to be. Maybe this is because of Kevin Reilly's statement but to say that fans just stopped watching because of that statement is silly considering the state of the show. Not every fan is going to say "oh why watch this anymore it MAY leave in 2009 (Which is what Reilly said, will LIKELY)", if they have something good to watch. The writing and the balance are as much to blame for this drop as anything else.

I'm kind of bummed since it seems like the inevitable has became reality and that Corday will never bring back our favorites into a meaty storyline before the show meets its demise. I would have liked for them to be at least front and center instead of all these damned new faces and next generations that obviously NO ONE WANTS TO SEE.

• Members

Days has been inconsistent, but I don't think it is as bad as its numbers. I don't like the EJ Super Villan stuff, although I like EJ a great deal. I hope things turn around because I have started enjoying Days again. It does seem like there is only one story right now and it all centers on whatever EJ is up to. I don't even think it's the same story. It started out being something cool about someone being out to get the Bradys. Now it's just whatever.

• Members

I dont necesarily think it's the complete end for DAYS, but I disagree with your statement here. I watched more than ever from Nov-early Feb. Now I watch maybe half an episode once every 3 weeks. And nothing's happening that makes me want to watch continuously again. In the last 3 months...me, my mom, my cousin, and my great aunt have all stopped watching. I figure that's four people in just one family, from every demographic group, that has stopped watching, and I can imagine that many others have felt the same way we do and just aren't interested in the show anymore. And it IS because of the stories that have been shown the past few months. Give us something good to watch and we'll be back, but as for now....no thanks.

When it comes down to it, people are tuning out quickly because the show has quickly become unentertaining.

• Members

Excellent post Ridge. Corday and Hogan should have realized in late January early February that those stories weren't working they should have changed it then, instead of draging them on. Maybe we wouldn't be in this mess. Once a show drops -.7 it's hard to get it back up again. It's easier if the drop happens over the course of a few weeks, but these drops have been occuring for three months. :(

Here are the ratings from January 1, 2007 -Present

Viewers

January 1-5..................4. DAYS 3,357,000 (John & Marlena backburnered. Bo & Hope being used as moral support for Shelle. Story shifts to Steve's crazy fits, Shawn/Belle/Phillip/Victor & EJ & Co.)

January 8-12...............4. DAYS 3,522,000

January 22-26.............5. DAYS 3,233,000 (DAYS potential cancellation announcement)

January 29 - Feb 2.......4. DAYS 3,379,000 (Shelle on the run, Nick/Chelsea/Phillow, Payla, EJ & Co. Mimi/Max)

February 5-9...............7. DAYS 3,274,000 " "

February 12-16............7. DAYS 3,252,000 " "

February 19-23............7. DAYS 3,001,000 (More Max/Clelsea/Abby/Nick, Shelle, EJ & Co., No Bope or Jolena)

Feb 26 - March 2..........7. DAYS 2,929,000 (John's kidney is harvested, More Shelle on the Island, Phillow, Clelsea/Nick/Dr. Rebert, Lumi/EJ)

March 5-9....................7. DAYS 2,840,000 (Island, EJ & Co. Steve in the asylum, No Vets) <--------New Loe

March 12-16.................7. DAYS 2,918,000 " "

March 19-23.................7. DAYS 2,738,000 <---------new low

March 26-30.................7. DAYS 2.774,000 " "

April 2-6......................8. DAYS 2,610,000 <----------new low

April 9-13....................N/A

Households

January 1-5............................3. DAYS 2.7/8

January 8-12..........................4. DAYS 2.7/9

January 22-26........................4. DAYS 2.5/8

January 29 - Feb 2..................4. DAYS 2.6/9

February 5-9..........................6. DAYS 2.5/8

February 12-16......................6. DAYS 2.5/8

February 19-23......................6. DAYS 2.4/7

Feb 26 - March 2....................7. DAYS 2.3/8 <-------- ties low rating

March 5-9..............................7. DAYS 2.1/7 <-------- new low rating

March 12-16..........................7. DAYS 2.2/8

March 19-23..........................7. DAYS 2.2/8

March 26-30..........................7. DAYS 2.1/8 <--------- ties low rating

April 2-6................................7. DAYS 2.1/7 <--------- ties low rating

April 9-13..............................8. DAYS 2.0/7 <---------new low rating

18-49 Viewers

January 1-5............................2. DAYS 1,230,000

January 8-12..........................3. DAYS 1,234,000

January 22-26........................3. DAYS 1,122,000

January 29 - Feb 2..................2. DAYS 1,188,000

February 5-9..........................5. DAYS 1,038,000

February 12-16.......................5. DAYS 1,042,000

February 19-23.......................5. DAYS 1,012,000

Feb 26 - March 2.....................5. DAYS 930,000 <-----new low rating

March 5-9..............................5. DAYS 895,000 <-----new low rating

March 12-16...........................5. DAYS 885,000 <-----new low rating

March 19-23...........................5. DAYS 873,000 <-----new low rating

March 26-30...........................5. DAYS 915,000

April 2-6.................................5. DAYS 873,000 <-----ties low rating

April 9-13.............................. N/A

18-49 Rating

January 1-5..........................2. DAYS 1.9/11

January 8-12........................3. DAYS 1.9/11

January 22-26......................3. DAYS 1.7/10

January 29 - Feb 2................2. DAYS 1.8/11

February 5-9........................4. DAYS 1.6/9 <----- ties low rating

February 12-16.....................5. DAYS 1.6/9 <----- ties low rating

February 19-23.....................5. DAYS 1.5/9 <------new low rating

Feb 26 - March 2...................5. DAYS 1.4/9 <------ new low rating

March 5-9.............................5. DAYS 1.4/9 <------ ties low rating

March 12-16.........................5. DAYS 1.3/9 <------- new low rating

March 19-23.........................5. DAYS 1.3/9 <------ ties low rating

March 26-30.........................4. DAYS 1.4/9

April 2-6...............................5. DAYS 1.3/9 <------ ties low rating

April 9-13.............................5. DAYS 1.3/9 <------ties low rating

April 9-13............................. N/A

18-34 Rating

January 1-5............................1. DAYS 1.7/10

January 8-12..........................1. DAYS 1.8/11

January 22-26........................1. DAYS 1.5/9

January 29 - Feb 2..................1. DAYS 1.8/11

February 5-9..........................2. DAYS 1.5/9

February 12-16......................3. DAYS 1.5/9

February 19-23......................3. DAYS 1.3/8

Feb 26 - March 2....................4. DAYS 1.2/8 <------new low rating

March 5-9..............................5. DAYS 1.1/8 <------new low rating

March 12-16..........................5. DAYS 1.1/8 <----- ties low rating

March 19-23..........................3. DAYS 1.2/8

March 26-30..........................2. DAYS 1.3/9

April 2-6................................2. DAYS 1.3/8

April 9-13.............................. N/A

• Members

And a good one at that!

Even Passions ratings are not tanking as bad as DAYS and they have been confirmed as cancelled.

You know it's bad when you can say that PSNS is holding 85% of it's lead in. On Mediaweek, that would land you in the winners sircle :lol:

• Members

Still to me the Steve lunacy storyline and the Sami debacle with the really dumb on the run story are losing the viewers. The actors would keep the status quo if the stories were worth watching. This is the majority of the feedback I'm getting and what I think also. I could go forever without Marlena or Hope, even Bo as far as that goes, but I love John because he has depth and substance and is needed for balance in Salem. Actually, I think the stories are getting more interesting so these ratings punctured a hole in my "hope" bubble, but PR lifted them again with the above posts, so I'm going to patch that hole and keep going on. Good luck and best wishes for Days ahead.

Archived