February 5-9, 2007

Toups

• Members

McTavish is at AMC for the long haul and sadly I don't see how the show will maintain any sort of momentum after the SS story is over.

Dena gets a co-headwriter, Megan stays put, Guza isn't going anywhere. Looks like Alden & Smith really were just for show.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Wuh to the ow. Wow. DAYS' ratings are soooo depressing for me right now. The saddest thing is that it is so obvious why it is happening and why ALL the stories aren't working when watching. It's better, but still terribly blah.

• Members

I am just confused about all those dorm ratings.. where are they? I mean, the article says that DAYS, PASS, GH and GL gained.. where? :huh: Last week most soaps even failed in that demo group.. This week, DAYS fell.. don't understand..

• Members

Agreed on all counts. I think the college thing is helping GH out immensely. With those numbers, Latham's not going anywhere. :( The best we can hope for is she brings back the momentum she had going when she first came on board.

I'm really glad for GH and have mixed feelings about AMC's rise. I don't think AMC is producing good drama. What they're producing is a train wreck that people can't seem to take their eyes off of. At times, admittedly, I'm one of those people.

I kinda was too. I know I gave OLTL a harsh criticism not long ago, but I've been checking it out here & there last & this week and it's actually turning a corner. I can actually watch a whole episode and be entertained. That says something. Honestly, though, I hope they get their bump for this week because everything I've seen so far has been great! Plus, HBS has big stuff coming!

• Members

It makes no sense for Days. The week before is when the balance sucked and all the characters people didn't want to see were on and the show went up. Last week, there was a bit more balance and more happened and it goes down. I have no idea how to explain the ratings. I was expecting it to say the same. People can't blame this on the young characters that's for sure.

Days never goes out for sweeps and really not many shows have. Only GH is amping it up. AMC wasn't really that good last week. People bought into the Babe stuff and once that wears off they will drop. OLTL deserves the numbers. They are better.

B&B- I have no clue why they rose. I wasn't expecting a rise from them until ED showed up. GH was painfully boring last week but I knew it would go up. It won't drop until this thing is over and how much will depend on how good it is with the fallout.

Hopefully, Days goes up for this week with Bope and Lumi's proposal. It seems to go up in the weeks where not much happens for some reason, unlike last week where things actually happened and people tuned out. We'll see. I'm not letting it get me down because what is coming up should bring in numbers.

• Members

I don't think Bope being on for two days without any REAL story (but being supporting to Chelsea's story) is going to help ratings. But I hope that maybe Chick have gotten fans out there and with their story reaching climax this week, that it might get the up. Also, the Lumi proposal...

• Members

The DAYS ratings do not suck. The other shows pulled up while DAYS fell one tenth of a point. If OLTL and AMC hadn't pulled up, DAYS would still be in the spot they were in. I look at this as a challenge for DAYS to step it up. They've held consistently at a 2.5-2.6 for a few months now.

The college viewers are TOTALLY giving a big bump in ratings for the soaps. Now if only they'd let the Nielson be optional (as in anyone could join) our soap ratings would go up even more.

• Members

Oh I know that Scotty. The problem has been fixed now. Lskreet had a typo in there. That is where the questioning was coming from - not that the totals were wrong this time.

Both were shown as tied but Days was listed as 2.5 and ATWT at 2.6 - we were trying to figure out which was right. I was assuming that it was a 2.5 for both because even with rounding up I didn't see how either one could have a 2.6 with a 2.4 thrown in there.

Archived