February 5-9, 2007

Toups

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

From different viewpoints on the subject of the writing for Days, take a look. We voted on a name for the Brady baby ending December 31st. It is now the middle of February and that baby has not been named. We even saw a "three-month old" infant representing her today, still with no name. We all saw Philip and Mimi sign away their rights to the baby the surrogate was carrying for them and paid her the fee she contracted for. To them, that was a done deal and therefore neither have given her another thought, or care. Bonnie, on the other hand went into hock, stole from her son and paid ransom for the unborn baby carried by the surrogate which was due in February. Two months ago was the last we heard about that storyline at all. Connor Lockhart was brought in to help his mother with the skelton mystery. We have seen him maybe five or six times in nearly two months. That story has dragged on with little advancement or character involvement for two months. We have endured two months of having Shawn and Belle crammed down our gullets in a contrived "bonding" story which is undelectible on many counts and people who don't care for the couple really don't now. Fans who loved Philip are now dismayed with this wild man who could never be the Philip they loved. To me it's just like Shelle are important so let's drop things and no one will notice mentality. News flash....it's noticed and not well taken. This is as important as the things that were done right.

• Members

MONDAY, FEBRUARY 5, 2007

1.(1) Y&R: Monday: 4.5/5,924,000 (+290,000)

2.(2) B&B: Monday: 3.3/4,294,000 (+225,000)

3.(3) GH: Monday: 3.3/4,203,000 (+198,000)

4.(4) OLTL: Monday: 2.8/3,438,000 (+100,000)

5.(5) AMC: Monday: 2.8/3,415,000 (+323,000)

6.(8) DAYS: Monday: 2.5/3,349,000 (+422,000)

7.(6) ATWT: Monday: 2.5/3,211,000 (+230,000)

8.(7) GL: Monday: 2.4/3,035,000 (+69,000)

9.(9) PSNS: Monday: 1.5/1,989,000 (+210,000)

TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 6, 2007

1.(1) Y&R: Tuesday: 4.6/6,179,000 (+255,000)

2.(2) B&B: Tuesday: 3.3/4,226,000 (-68,000)

3.(3) GH: Tuesday: 3.1/4,040,000 (-163,000)

4.(5) AMC: Tuesday: 2.7/3,497,000 (+82,000)

5.(7) ATWT: Tuesday: 2.6/3,312,000 (+101,000)

6.(6) DAYS: Tuesday: 2.6/3,283,000 (-66,000)

7.(8) GL: Tuesday: 2.5/3,240,000 (+205,000)

8.(4) OLTL: Tuesday: 2.5/3,222,000 (-216,000)

9.(9) PSNS: Tuesday: 1.5/1,969,000 (-20,000)

WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 7, 2007

1.(1) Y&R: Wednesday: 4.5/6,075,000 (-104,000)

2.(2) B&B: Wednesday: 3.4/4,437,000 (+211,000)

3.(3) GH: Wednesday: 3.1/4,070,000 (+30,000)

4.(4) AMC: Wednesday: 2.7/3,477,000 (-20,000)

5.(5) ATWT: Wednesday: 2.5/3,336,000 (+24,000)

6.(8) OLTL: Wednesday: 2.6/3,331,000 (+109,000)

7.(6) DAYS: Wednesday: 2.6/3,262,000 (-21,000)

8.(7) GL: Wednesday: 2.3/3,018,000 (-222,000)

9.(9) PSNS: Wednesday: 1.7/1,981,000 (+12,000)

THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 8, 2007

1.(1) Y&R: Thursday: 4.6/6,173,000 (+98,000)

2.(2) B&B: Thursday: 3.1/4,180,000 (-257,000)

3.(3) GH: Thursday: 3.1/3,997,000 (-73,000)

4.(7) DAYS: Thursday: 2.5/3,398,000 (+136,000)

5.(4) AMC: Thursday: 2.6/3,355,000 (-122,000)

6.(6) OLTL: Thursday: 2.5/3,286,000 (-45,000)

7.(5) ATWT: Thursday: 2.4/3,231,000 (-105,000)

8.(8) GL: Thursday: 2.1/2,818,000 (-200,000)

9.(9) PSNS: Thursday: 1.5/1,913,000 (-68,000)

FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 9, 2007

1.(1) Y&R: Friday: 4.6/5,855,000 (-318,000)

2.(2) B&B: Friday: 3.4/4,294,000 (+114,000)

3.(3) GH: Friday: 3.1/4,238,000 (+241,000)

4.(6) OLTL: Friday: 2.7/3,735,000 (+449,000)

5.(5) AMC: Friday: 2.5/3,372,000 (+17,000)

6.(7) ATWT: Friday: 2.6/3,297,000 (+66,000)

7.(4) DAYS: Friday: 2.4/3,080,000 (-318,000)

8.(8) GL: Friday: 2.4/3,054,000 (+236,000)

9.(9) PSNS: Friday: 1.6/2,032,000 (+119,000)

• Members

B&B: The Nick vs Forresters war is working really well for them. Friday's 5000th episode is sure to rate well too, I'd bet.

DAYS: it seems to be permanently stuck in the 2.4-2.7 range. Nothing there really to excite me, and far too much concentration on the younger characters, at the expense of vets. I hold out little hope Matt Ashford's return will be all that interesting. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Y&R: congratulations, still the best soap on air, despite all the LML bashing on this board. :lol:

• Members

Ouch with DAYS and the demos! That's a biggie!!

No one is really asking for sweeps stunts. Just substance. DAYS is lacking it, IMO. No one wants a MetroCourt ala GH, DAYS can do without, it has done without, but there should be somethings that make viewers want to watch. When is the last time DAYS was 1.6 in the demos? That's pretty sad. It may or may not be because of the lack of vets, but that is not the only problem, dropped or stagnant storylines is DAYS current issue IMO.

• Members

I would love to see it bit, like Ridge said, the show doesn't need sweeps stunts. Plus, only GH is pulling out all the stops. All the other shows just have regular old twist or turns here and there...nothing really huge. GH is the only soap with a huge stunt going on, as usual. It always seems like when AMC goes up, Days goes down. I think Ridge and many are right in that Days is good but it needs things to happen. It can't be like before where one month is great and full of action, while the next is nothing but setup and minor things happening. I didn't expect big things for sweeps but I did expect more to happen. It seems like things start happening in spoilers but, again, it's happening to end sweeps and it is likely we will get a big March. Days seems to like holding out on sweeps for some reason, which I don't mind but they still should have something happen.

What makes me angry is things happened last week. There was movement. The week before Days went up and that was the week that many hated with all the Shelle and Nick/Chelsea stuff. It doesn't make sense that it would go down last week when the balance was better and things actually happened. Ryan is right in that it looks worse because everyone else stayed the same or went up.

I think Days will rebound in the weeks to come but, like others said, there can be no more long slow periods. One week of slow is ok but there needs to be constant movement and action from now on. The show is good but it needs to recover the dynamic it had from mid-November-mid January.

• Members

I'm seeing a pattern with Hogan. There have been months of build up and filler, then the next month is when things really heat up and happen. Phoenix has said that it is looking to be a fantastic March. I agree with him. March looks good. It seems Janurary was build up after the action-packed December. And also, perhaps the vets are getting a break. They were all featured quite a bit in December. John and Marlena went to Italy, renewed their vows, met with Stefano, discovered that EJ was Elvis, then when they came back John helped the police lure EJ and it ended up in him getting shot. The cops like Abe, Roman, and Bo were also feautred a ton too. Steve re-gained his memory and dropped things with Billie. Hope got kidnapepd by Patrick and it resulted in Bo having to save her and her giving birth to baby Doodlebug. Max and Mimi got held prisoner in a basement after Kate lured them into a trap and Victor captured them. Sami helped lure EJ into a trap too and then her and Lucas went on a ski-trip. Lucas got hit by a beam so Sami had to get EJ to help her but in return she had to have sex with him.

Sure, there also was Shelle and Philip stuff happening but not as critical. Victor, Kate, and Philip even went off to Canada so we got a break from that for a little while. Shawn and Belle were shown because of the Claire kidnapping and meeting the child protective servie woman, along with the whole Willow issue but they were not as frontburner as they are now. In December we got more vets than Shelle, Philip, and Willow. This month we are getting less vets and more Shelle. Drake Hogestyn got attacked yeah over a month ago but he has to deal with that and his family was probably scared to death. Alfonso and Reckell, yeah, they could be featured more but as I said a break. James Scott is back but he got a huge break due to EJ being featured alot.

I am trying to say that over half the cast was heavily featured in December. Now they need a break, soon I think it will be time for Jay, Martha, Annie, and Brandon to get a break as well, so others can be featured.

I do not want to be down on Hogan yet, if everything is still like this by the end of March I'm gonna get concerned. But for now I'm just gonna wait.

• Members

Well, DFJ, I can see where you are coming from. But with the Lockhart story, I think it probably should be featured at least a little more, but at the same time I don't think he is aiming it to be a huge frontburner story. I think at this point Hogan has done everything he wants to do with it for now. We have already had Mimi go to the police and reveal the stuff with Bonnie and Connor stealing the bones, and without doing things to soon Hogan is probably putting that story at a stand-still.

BTW, thank you Phoenix. :)

• Members

That article was about last weeks ratings. It mentioned that Days rose by .3 in the 18-34 demo. That was last week. Passions did get a boost last week, and they pretty well held on to their boost this week while Days dropped a little. Days competion in most areas is Y&R and AMC and both seemed to pull viewers away from Days for this ratings period - as both had significant gains.

• Members

The big question I would like to ask Hogan & Corday is why have we gone through 2 very boring sweeps months.

I know that people made the excuse in November that Hogan was too new and was just finishing up stories so he couldn't do it then. He would start building his stories and then we could see things build and get more exciting.

Okay he built and things got exciting for about 3 weeks, and then sorry but it has some good days here and there but the stories just aren't that great yet.

Now here we are in February and the fans are still speaking. And the die hards are saying well Days never does anything for sweeps, or Hogan is waiting to spring it at the end and the month after sweeps will be great.

Well again my question is with sweeps being so important why are they blowing it? Sure Days may have never done big sweeps months and chose to showcase the month after - well sorry but Days is in danger. Now is time to take some risks - shake things up. It's not time to play it safe.

NBC has already said Days is pretty much done in 2009. There is no guarantee that another network will pick it up. Why are Corday and Sheffer playing it so safe. All the stories are too safe, already been done almost to the point of tiresome. Even reviving Stefano has been done so many times - where is the imagination - where is the risk?

The quality is lots better - there is no argument there. And as I have said and many have said the show is so much better. You can't even say that it is not better.

But the stories need to step up. Hogan needs to take risks. And right now when the advertisers are looking and watching (and they do esp in Feb, May, Aug, and November) Corday and Hogan need to really step the stories up. It doesn't even have to be a stunt - it can be a murder something involving most of the cast. The characters that the fans love need to be on whether they've been heavily featured and need a break or not.

I love Days again, but we need better. We need risks. We need to see that Hogan & Corday really want to save the show. I would a whole lot rather see the show go out taking risks and on the run than to see it go to it's death limping and playing it safe. I would rather not see it die, but with the possibility there - please Hogan and Corday do something.

• Members

I think it is just alot of the fanbases are so sensitive. Alot of them because the majority of the old fanbases have faded away. Alot of people are complaning about Hogan more than JER(no one here, elsewhere). I too think they should take some risks, but I really do think it's because of the fanbases.

But, whether or not they take risks, I believe Days is pretty much done on NBC or for good come 2009. I don't think it matters how high the ratings are, NBC wants out of soaps.

• Members

Daysfan is right.

Steve you are right on but personally, as big as sweeps is, I could care less. GH is the only show that really goes all out for sweeps anymore. The other shows have bigger months in non-sweeps months. It's not just Days. I wish all soaps would start taking sweeps seriously but it hasn't happened in awhile. I like the fact that shows want to focus on all 12 months and I do like that thinking better but I also agree that Hogan and Days need to do something big.

I agree about the risk taking but, honestly, if Days does anything risky it won't get the disillusioned fans back. New fans, yes, Old fans, no. The old fans that left have no clue what they want. They don't care about the show. They only care about whether their couple is getting airtime. They can't even make up their mind whether they want them happy and boring or whatever. I mean, if a couple is off for a week it's like stop the presses and it's like they have been fired. A couple months ago, there was a rumor of Days doing a male rape. That would be a risk but there were people bashing that too.

A murder mystery would work but people won't tune in just for the death of a newbie or a recurring character. It has to be someone big and killing someone big may result in more uproar. Plus, the killer always ends up being someone that isn't cared about so it's not something that is going to do anything.

Days is in a tough position. I agree with what you said but, honestly, I don't know what they can do besides kick the stories up and move things. There needs to be action and drama at all times, Slow periods can't last more then a week anymore. They are in danger and they need to be more action-packed. They need to go back to the greatness of December and early January and spoilers coming up do sound better. I think, in many ways, Days is damned if they do and damned if they don't. It's a really rough situation because there is only so much they can do because they can't risk alienating more fans or making the wrong move.

Archived