February 5-9, 2007

Toups

• Members

WOW!!! Y&R hit 4.6!! I am so happy that it is doing well! I really have been enjoying it lately. And I am confused about the ratings for Days too. I think that it should be 2.6 instead of 2.5. I have been pretty bored with Days lately so I am not completely surprised that it has gone down some. It is still a very well written show but it is focusing on the younger set too much, IMHO.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

No it should be 2.5 - it and ATWT both are supposed to be at 2.5. I think the 2.6 is a typo for ATWT.

Both had a 2.4, two 2.5, and two 2.6 - so even with rounding up it would be hard for either one to be a 2.6 - so I think they are both at 2.5

Maybe Lskreet will let us know. He does have OLTL alone at 5 and Days & ATWT tied for 6 - so I do think they are both at 2.5

• Members

I'm sad for Days although not surprised. Too many disgruntled fans and too many giving up on it. The Yahoo group I'm in is giving up and probably will disband. What a shame. I don't hate it that much. Their complaint is the young characters taking over the spotlight and to me that is the most exciting part. Love it. Just wish Hogan would write a good story for Philip/Willow/Shawn/and Belle. Shawn and Belle are doing wrong and so is Philip. It's pretty hard to root for bad things, in my view. Hopefully the week past will bring Days back up.

• Members

Wow, Latham's Y&R is doing very well in the ratings! Before one 4.5 a week was good, but three 4.6's? That's amazing! I think her strengths are good story ideas and single episodes that are easy to jump into. It's the long term plotting that sucks.

Glad to see ATWT rebounding a bit since the quality has improved. I don't agree that DAYS is that great so I'm not surprised by the ratings.

I've been watching B&B and it's solid so I'm not surprised the ratings are doing a little better. Rick and Phoebe are vomit inducing, but I think the fashion war is okay. Still hate Nick and Brad Bell still needs to be fired.

• Members

WOW - GH is pulling in impressive numbers - and they definitely deserve it! I'm really enjoying their sweeps story. I just hope that after the hostage thing is over, it'll still be exciting and not lose all their viewers! B&B is lucky - I thought for sure GH would take them over this week. I don't watch B&B, but I guess they are doing something right too for sweeps.

AMC - well, it was good last week - I can't deny that - but having the ratings rise and get AMC to #4 all alone on the week after Dixie is dead...well that just shows the execs that people are ok with Dixie being dead :(

Should be interesting to see how the ratings are for Babe's death and the following Babe-less weeks.

• Members

That's the only thing I hate about the ratings being up too. The show has been exciting but losing a fave was a big blow.

MMT is terrible but she knows how to do stuff. I have to give her that. She kills off Dixie in the midst of an exciting story follows it with promos in mags like SID that Kendall or Babe is next to lure viewers to watch. Ratings go up and it appears that no one cares that Dixie died.

Last year she made the Josh reveal in the midst of the Janet stuff and the explosion. Ratings were good because people were interested in the Janet stuff and the explosion.

She may be an awful writer but either Frons or JHC or someone knows how to package the terrible stuff.

AMC still has a long way to go on quality and truly pleasing fans but the stories have been really exciting. I do give them props for that.

• Members

I think MMT is a genius in when she chooses to do things like Dixie's death. It's sort of like she did with the Josh reveal, slipped it in the middle of the Mardi Gras explosion, so no matter how offended people were, they weren't going to turn off their TV, because they wanted to watch the whole thing explode and what have you. So despite the controversey, the ratings were still high.

Same here with Dixie's death. She just sorta slipped it in. I give her props for that. Now if she only put some of that creativity into writing the show, things might be where they are.

Archived